• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo How Long Can Nintendo Coast off Animal Crossing and Past Evergreen Titles in 2020?

2020 is looking pretty barren for Nintendo. We've had Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Definitive Edition and Animal Crossing: New Horizons in this first half of the year with the only other first party Switch game I can think of with a confirmed 2020 release date being Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Obviously no one could have foreseen the situation we now find ourselves in all over the world so I don't blame anyone or any company for unforeseen delays but it's definitely quiet. Nintendo titles tend to sell for years after release. Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Pokémon Sword and Shield continue to sell amazingly well with Animal Crossing now joining them.

But how long can Nintendo coast off the momentum of these titles before the Switch loses steam? Or is a lighter 2020 okay just like how Nintendo went from Animal Crossing on the Wii in November of 2008 to New Super Mario Bros. Wii in November of 2009 with only smaller releases like Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out in between? Thoughts?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It wouldn't be fair to expect every year to be stacked with tons of new games. However, it is questionable how there are exactly zero upcoming Nintendo games with set release dates.

At the very least, it's good to have a quiet year every now and then. Times like this are great to catch up on the ol' backlog.

Nintendo do very well in Japam and are currently doing very well worldwide.

They are also very good with their money and can survive for quite some time in a loss, there'll be more games announced this year even with the current crisis, I wouldn't worry about Nintendo having to just rely on AC.

Even though AC has had the best launch of any Switch game ever in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom