• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors How long are you expecting AoC's campaign to be?

The original Hyrule Warriors had a story campaign of about 15 hours (not including expansion DLC). This was a good length for a Musou game campaign and they definitely got a lot out of their concept.

Going in, we know what will happen in Age of Calamity, the Calamity itself isn't said to take too long, with Calamity Ganon appearing and making quicknwork of everything.
However, from the trailer we'll obviously be spending time with the characters before, during and after the events of the Calamity, which means the campaign could have a good length to it, especially if it takes its time fleshing out the world and characters.

So, how long are you expecting the campaign in Age of Calamity to be, another 15 hours or are you hoping for something longer or even shorter?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I’m expecting the story to begin before the Champion selection process even starts. I’m betting we’re gonna see Link distinguish himself, pull the master sword, get appointed to Zelda, meanwhile we get a story about each Champion earning their titles. Then we go through the Champions Ballad and main game memories events in person. However long that will take, I'm not sure. But I do think maybe at least 20 hours for the main story.

I hope longer than the original Hyrule Warriors. If they plan to tell the story of Link being appointed as Zelda's knight, and each Champion's story, plus the King's and more for Zelda, I'm expecting more than HW.
From what I remember Creating A Champion said Link pulled/probably pulled the Master Sword when he was a young kid. But I'm not complaining if we see him pull it a bit older, or don't see it at all. As long as we get more background about him rising the ranks.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
20 hours would be ideal for me. Not short in any way, but not overly drawn out. I’m predicting the first cutscene/battle to be when the guardian goes rogue and Link destroys it. Side content will be... a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom