• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Link Carries All of His Stuff

Just to let you all know, this is my personal belief that I use for my fan-fictions.

So, in Skyward Sword, when Link visits the Old Lady in the sealed grounds, she gives Link a magical pouch. It doesen't matter how big the item is, it will fit. When you reach in the bag, it will read your thoughts and pull out the item on Links thoughts. Once you die, all the items in the pouch disappears

This magical pouch gets passed on through out time. It went to each and every Link except Twilight Princess. I think Midna gives him the power to use the Twilight Space to store his items.

In Wind Waker, the magic has worn off a bit and is only used to items that heros in the past used to carry. Thus why he cant take a huge sword with him everywhere he goes.

This is what I believe how Link carries most of his stuff, I have no proof at all though.

It's a video games, like Blue Reptile said, it's a mechanic.

next thing you know people are gonna be like "where does Sonic keep all his rings? Where does Mario keep all his coins? "

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
First, just as the others said, it's a gameplay mechanic. It has nothing to do with any kind of magic. Second, why even bring up the old lady? She never gave him anything, so the theory doesn't have any logical basis simply due to that.

Simple, Link has access to the transwarp technology used by the Transformers, all of his items are stored in subspace until needed to be brought through his portable space bridge.

Or... his pouch is Time Lord technology, meaning "its bigger on the inside".

Or it could just be a gameplay thing... but my idea is more fun.

Last edited:
Just to let you all know, this is my personal belief that I use for my fan-fictions.

So, in Skyward Sword, when Link visits the Old Lady in the sealed grounds, she gives Link a magical pouch. It doesen't matter how big the item is, it will fit. When you reach in the bag, it will read your thoughts and pull out the item on Links thoughts. Once you die, all the items in the pouch disappears

This magical pouch gets passed on through out time. It went to each and every Link except Twilight Princess. I think Midna gives him the power to use the Twilight Space to store his items.

In Wind Waker, the magic has worn off a bit and is only used to items that heros in the past used to carry. Thus why he cant take a huge sword with him everywhere he goes.

This is what I believe how Link carries most of his stuff, I have no proof at all though.

Yes, it is a gameplay mechanic, but such a concept can be seen in many forms of media, like novels and such. The ability to pull an infinite number of objects - oftentimes large - out of a small container or space is a concept of fiction known as hammerspace (also known as "magic satchel").

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I remember in Twilight Princess after getting the Ordon Sword and Shield, Midna is unsatisfied with them and you see her "hold" on to them by warping them away. So that "Twilight Space" theory is possible. Hmm...

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It doesn't really matter how he carried all his stuff, because it's just a video game. Just like every other video game where they have all this inventory, but yet you don't see where they put it.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
My sister's most asked question was, where does link put all of his stuff, and I couldn't answer her, so she asks it over again a few days later. It is just a part of video games. I honestly don't really care where all of the stuff goes. In SS it becomes more of an issue because of limited adventure pouch slots.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Isn't it obvious? He stores it all in his pants! XD

Now, being logical, it's just a game mechanic. In other words, it is somehow less important than other theories made about the series.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There is a simpler idea known as hammerspace. As that section of the Wikipedia article cites, it's an invisible place where the character in a game can store very large items (they use "mallet" as an example, which could attribute to the name) or multiple small items inside. I'm sure there isn't a particular capacity of what could be contained within the hammerspace, but magic obviously has something to do with that, as it is prevalent throughout the series.

Now that it comes to mind, I'm pretty sure this is called Link's "inventory." That, or I'm getting it confused with Legend of Neil. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I see now that hammerspace has already been broached by Wolf Sage. Kudos and credit goes to him. :bleh:

Last edited:

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
What I think is wierder then the dungeon items is the ship parts in Phantom Hourglass. I just thought right now that he could store them at the shipyard, but even there there isn't enuogh room. I mean other people would store there stuff there too.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Ha, your theory makes complete sense but what it still doesn't explain is why Link has to keep his shield in his pouch. I mean, you can see it is always either on his back or on his arm, but it never goes in his pouch.

Link has the portal gun. He shoots it inside his Adventure bag so when he reaches in, his arm goes through the portal and into a giant storage unit. He then picks out the weapon he needs and pulls his arm back through. This is my theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom