• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How large do you expect the story expansion to be?

Extra challenges, new story and one new dungeon would sound like a very small deal if we were talking about Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, but we're talking about BotW...

Botw, a game where a dungeon could be days long to complete, the story could be bloody anything and it may not even take place in the massive overworld we'll come to know but perhaps a new island much like how Skyrim did it.

Witcher 3's expansions were larger than some games just on their own and with BotW being such a huge game the same could probably be true of its DLC as it is with the Witcher 3...

So, how long do you want the DLC story to be and how long are you expecting it to be?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think something like the Wind Waker addition to HWL would be very satisfying. I'm expecting it to be a post-game mission with no impact on the main story. And honestly, it's hard to tell how long it'll be considering we don't know how long the standard story mission is in this game. It'd be nice if it were longer than those, though.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
As long as it isn't like EA I think I will be happy.

Anyway, I think maybe something like helping restore Hyrule even further would be awesome. Something that you can physically begin to see. To me that would make accomplishing the main goal worth it to continue and rebuild Hyrule from the ruins somehow. Without knowing exactly how it ends is tough to know but definitely some continuation where knowing the world/game helps you in the expansion.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For $20 I would hope for a Witcher 3 style expansion. Something in a new land. They could even make a Termina expansion. Blood and Wine's Toussaint is even bigger than the world of MM so there is no reason they couldn't do it.

Humongous! That is the first word that comes to mind. Correct me if I am wrong 20 bucks is just about worth a whole new game to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom