• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is the World As Large As They're Claiming?

We've seen 66% of the world map and we already know what the rest will be: the desert. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints about a short, fine-crafted game, but... they've claimed this WON'T be too short. From what we can tell, there's three main dungeons and three mini-dungeons and that's it.

My theory.. and this is a stretch.. the harp will unlock new worlds. Maybe a Chrono Trigger-esque thing where it's the same area, but different layout. If not that, I do believe the harp's songs are gonna play a part in making this game more intricate than it appears on the surface. Then again, there's also the possibility of dungeon areas in the sky?

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
SquidThingy.jpg

We have Link being attacked by a squid/octopus thing on a large pirate ship...ship...thing out in the ocean...or something. :S

EDIT: Basically, I think there is SO much more than we think that there is.

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
Well, I think that there will be some "sea" or "bay" of some sorts because in the desert region, there is a pirate ship and on this map...
Map.jpg
...I can actually see some kind of body of water or something on the far left of the desert region. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Right now it's all speculation. As I always say, thinking and expecting something from something that you don't know the outcome or entire plot and story of is only going to lead to your disappointment or irritation. The best and only way to find out is to wait and actually play the game yourself. I know there's a lot more than what we've been shown and I'm eager to find out how it all plays out. Also, an ocean in the desert?

A

Ancientgu150

We've seen 66% of the world map and we already know what the rest will be: the desert. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints about a short, fine-crafted game, but... they've claimed this WON'T be too short. From what we can tell, there's three main dungeons and three mini-dungeons and that's it.

My theory.. and this is a stretch.. the harp will unlock new worlds. Maybe a Chrono Trigger-esque thing where it's the same area, but different layout. If not that, I do believe the harp's songs are gonna play a part in making this game more intricate than it appears on the surface. Then again, there's also the possibility of dungeon areas in the sky?

Yes, because theyve shown us ALL the dungeons already.

I know they've not shown us all the dungeons. But we've seen all three provinces. Unless... there are more provinces and the map extends in every direction and the three central provinces are located in the center of the map

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hey... no need for bad language or name calling here. And of course they're not going to show us the WHOLE map and overworld. Guaranteed there's going to be so much to explore your arms are going to be sore from everything you're going to have to do. Yes they've shown us three provinces but it would be sad and anticlimactic if that was everything to see in the game that's gotten so many high ratings and is the most anticipated game in quite a while. So no, don't be antsy just from what you've seen, there's a reason they call them teasers after all :) lol

To be honest, I also wonder how the can be so big and all. Probably there are two other area's in the 'din-province' and totally three in the Lanayru province, but the area's look small and easy to cross. The first forest area you visit is quite big on the map, but isn't that big when you visit it. It is dense, but still small.
I also hope there is some 'gate' to another world in which gameplay takes place. I'm not talking about the Silent Realm, ofcourse. But I think this will not happen

I'm still gonna believe the harp will play some role in shaping the world drastically.

It most likely will considering it's shown being held by the goddess in the intro. It's probably got some pretty powerful properties just as the Ocarina of Time did. What exactly these properties are though are a mystery to all of us.

I'm a little mad Nintendo won't tell us what the harp DOES, but in another way I'm glad. If it's something super cool and mid-game changing, then I'd rather they keep that a secret.

Perhaps it will be like FF6 where Kefka destroys the world and the last half of the game will take place in a re-shaped post-apocalyptic world. But I doubt it.

Well.. if the harp really is the Harp of Ages, I can see the world being destroyed and Link being the only person who can travel between the point in time it was destroyed.

I'm glad that Nintendo hasn't revealed that yet... I believe they're releasing too much. I have had to stop reading all the little things just to save the experience for me when I actually do play. It will hold a major story element to it, no doubt, which is probably why there hasn't been much released about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom