• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is Ilia Link's Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master

Upcoming
Ilia , is that how you spell it ? in the game , the font makes it looks like Llia

I don't know about you guys , but I see this as a clear indication :

"When I ever feel i can't go on , I always think of you and Ilia..."

~ Colin

When Colin said that , i felt like he was talking about over a long period of time . Knowing that he said "Always" it seems like it means that he been thinking that for quite a while , but that's just me . But it kinda of seems like Link and Ilia had a "Special" relationship together starting before the game . And knowing that colin said "...I always think of you and Ilia..." I LOVE to think that he means he wants to be strong and brave like Link's relationship with Ilia . But that is what I LIKE TO THINK

Plus , Ilia seems like more of Link's speed if you know what i mean. Like link grew up as a normal farmer/Village boy . And being with another girl like that seems sense . Not a Princess from the Royal Family . Just seems weird............o_O

Diablo

King of Redeads
It seems like through TP they have a sort of romance covered in friendship. You can throughout the game that they genuinely care for each other.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I disliked Illia. I thought she was a spaz after the horse thing and then she like totally changed her mind in a second!

The Link x Illia paring wouldn't work; Links is off to better and bigger things.

They never show ANY compassion, For all I know, Ilia likes Epona better than Link! and he pretty much saved her because...well...he needed too! He save the little kids, so why not save Ilia!
Uh, sorry, but I think I gotta say that you're wrong here. It showed that they were close from the very beginning. What you want to make of that is another story of course, but there was compassion there. As for him saving her because he needed to? Pay attention to Link's face during the scenes where he sees her. He was very shocked and/or hurt that Ilia didn't remember him, and while he cared about the kids a lot, especially as a mentor or older brother figure, he cared about her in a much closer way. Again, whatever you want to make of that, you can.

Now, as far as shipping is concerned, I'm open to whatever people want to ship. Go for it. However, in the case of Link x Ilia I believe it's unavoidable that there is some canonical basis. Especially during the latter part of the game when you had to restore her memory. When her memory was coming back Link was significant to it, and then there was a point of everyone leaving them alone and not peeking. Would you do that with two close friends who were reunited? Maaayyybe, but it's a lot less unlikely than two people who were in love. Now, whether you want to call it puppy love or whatever is fine, although I don't think puppy love is quite fair considering they were childhood friends. Whatever they have is a lot closer than that, although it doesn't have to be strong enough to rule out them breaking up, never really getting together, or whatever.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I'm not that big on zelda pairings, but if I had to pick one it would probobly be Saria and Link, and I definately don't think Minda and Link work. For zelink fans Twilight Princess was the worst because Zelda and Link just seem to be mere aquintences in that game. And as for Ilia and Link probobly the most plausible cause if look at it more you can see why. Well Ilia could have taken Epona so he would notice her. Well there you have it, hope this helped with your zelda fantasies.

I think that the scene in Telma's Bar was the sweetest thing ever in TP, Link reaching out for Ilia when she looked away from him was just so cool. Why do you despise LinkxZelda? It makes more sense than LinkxIlia, not counting TP.
Yes, I agree, but I also think that there was a scene in the village where they just stared at each other for the longest time. It was when ilia got her memory back I think

Uh, sorry, but I think I gotta say that you're wrong here. It showed that they were close from the very beginning. What you want to make of that is another story of course, but there was compassion there. As for him saving her because he needed to? Pay attention to Link's face during the scenes where he sees her. He was very shocked and/or hurt that Ilia didn't remember him, and while he cared about the kids a lot, especially as a mentor or older brother figure, he cared about her in a much closer way. Again, whatever you want to make of that, you can.

Now, as far as shipping is concerned, I'm open to whatever people want to ship. Go for it. However, in the case of Link x Ilia I believe it's unavoidable that there is some canonical basis. Especially during the latter part of the game when you had to restore her memory. When her memory was coming back Link was significant to it, and then there was a point of everyone leaving them alone and not peeking. Would you do that with two close friends who were reunited? Maaayyybe, but it's a lot less unlikely than two people who were in love. Now, whether you want to call it puppy love or whatever is fine, although I don't think puppy love is quite fair considering they were childhood friends. Whatever they have is a lot closer than that, although it doesn't have to be strong enough to rule out them breaking up, never really getting together, or whatever.
Yes, I agree with you in that.

Yes, I agree with you in that.
I never noticed any love between Malon and Link in OoT. I have played that game several times but there is nothing which indicates there was a love going on. In TP it is very obvious. Ilia expressed her feelings for Link and even Midna made a remark about Link when he learned the Ilia scent. "It's the girl right? I can tell by the look on your face". And later she even made a comment at Telma's bar about the girl and her wolf. Maybe Link was in love with her as well but after his journey he might have realized she wasn't the one and that's why he didn't return?
Yah. Also wasn’t he supposed to get married to Ruto? It was because he needed the Zola’s Sapphire...

And what has Link done for Zelda (in TP) besides "save" her? Not much better, but opinions are opinions. I support LinkxZelda more than LinkxIlia, only because Zelda is in more games, and she looks a lot better than Ilia does (in TP). If Ilia had obtained a not-Ordon suit, I'm sure she could be as good as Zelda...eh, not.
I honestly support Link x Ilia because 1. Zelda is 20 and Link is suppoesed to be 16, Ilia is his age
2. He like just met Zelda he has known Ilia
3. Midna said something about “wolf and his girl” and something about the look on his face when you get Ilia’s scent
4. There are scenes where I kinda see some things, like they stared at each other for a while and everyone left and he always seems worried about her.

This is just my opinion, please don’t get offended

I'm not that big on zelda pairings, but if I had to pick one it would probobly be Saria and Link, and I definately don't think Minda and Link work. For zelink fans Twilight Princess was the worst because Zelda and Link just seem to be mere aquintences in that game. And as for Ilia and Link probobly the most plausible cause if look at it more you can see why. Well Ilia could have taken Epona so he would notice her. Well there you have it, hope this helped with your zelda fantasies.
Why does everyone go to Zelda x Link first? It’s really cliche. I try to see if it kind of seems like he likes anyone else, sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. But really, try to be original

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You're replying to someone who posted a reply almost 10 years ago. And many of the posters are no longer active on ZD for a long time either. The best thing to do is to make a new thread regarding the subject rather than digging up very old threads.

Reactions: Dio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom