• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is Ilia Link's Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OotLord1003

Young Link
I always wondered "Why do a TON of people say thata Ilia is links love?"
They never show ANY compassion, For all I know, Ilia likes Epona better than Link! and he pretty much saved her because...well...he needed too!
He save the little kids, so why not save Ilia! But anyway, The big question is;
How is Ilia link's love? Discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The game seems to imply it, during the scene where Link gets the Horse Call. They do seem like village-lovers, anyway. If Ilia were to have a more Heroine-like suit, I'm sure she could fit with Link! :)

EDIT: I think Link originally wanted to save Ilia, I keep watching the scene where he gets clubbed, then he wakes up and looks fervently for the two. Then, he gets presented with the kids at Kakariko. I can't say for sure, though.

linkman8

True and Noble
They make it rather obvious that they care for each other. Even though sometimes Ilia would act otherwise, she really does have feelings for him. I mean, look at the end of TP when it shows her (presumably) waiting for Link to return.
Besides, who's an alternative? Zelda? No. This is one of the few Zelda games I've ever played where I saw Zelda as a duty-bound princess with no real additional feelings for Link at all.
I support Link x Ilia. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nah, it is obvious Ilia likes Link more than just a friend and that's normal. They grew up together and know each other for so long. I personally don't think it was intended to be a love affair but why not? Ilia is not a bad at all ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nah, it is obvious Ilia likes Link more than just a friend and that's normal. They grew up together and know each other for so long. I personally don't think it was intended to be a love affair but why not? Ilia is not a bad at all ;)
I just don't like her attitude towards Link. I know horses are really awesome and stuff, but don't bash people for a tiny scratch! (I seriously didn't notice a thing on the horse) She's a great person and all, but she could use some improvement in her reactions to things. Oh, and a change of clothes too.

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
I personally hate this matchup. I am a Link x Zelda supporter. Not only do I hate the matchup, but I hate Ilia as a character. I don't see any time in the game besides the quest for Ilia's memory where Ilia shows any affection for Link. I know they grew up together and stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to like each other! I mean c'mon, Link deserves better than that!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally hate this matchup. I am a Link x Zelda supporter. Not only do I hate the matchup, but I hate Ilia as a character. I don't see any time in the game besides the quest for Ilia's memory where Ilia shows any affection for Link. I know they grew up together and stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to like each other! I mean c'mon, Link deserves better than that!
And what has Link done for Zelda (in TP) besides "save" her? Not much better, but opinions are opinions. I support LinkxZelda more than LinkxIlia, only because Zelda is in more games, and she looks a lot better than Ilia does (in TP). If Ilia had obtained a not-Ordon suit, I'm sure she could be as good as Zelda...eh, not.

Austin

Austin
I thought it was pretty obvious that they were childhood sweethearts. She's the only female in the village that's his age and he's clearly distraught when she loses her memory of him (along with everything else). As for the Epona thing, you can easily get angry at someone and still have feelings for them. Just because she cares about the horse doesn't mean she cares about Link less or anything. I'd take Link x Ilia over Link x Zelda anyday, actually, I've always despised that latter pairing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I thought it was pretty obvious that they were childhood sweethearts. She's the only female in the village that's his age and he's clearly distraught when she loses her memory of him (along with everything else). As for the Epona thing, you can easily get angry at someone and still have feelings for them. Just because she cares about the horse doesn't mean she cares about Link less or anything. I'd take Link x Ilia over Link x Zelda anyday, actually, I've always despised that latter pairing.
I think that the scene in Telma's Bar was the sweetest thing ever in TP, Link reaching out for Ilia when she looked away from him was just so cool. Why do you despise LinkxZelda? It makes more sense than LinkxIlia, not counting TP.

Austin

Austin
I think that the scene in Telma's Bar was the sweetest thing ever in TP, Link reaching out for Ilia when she looked away from him was just so cool. Why do you despise LinkxZelda? It makes more sense than LinkxIlia, not counting TP.

I just think the entire concept is clichéd and I've never really felt it personally. I won't deny that there are some feelings between them but there's a large difference between affection and romance.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Maybe if Ilia actually had longer hair than Link, and didn't want to steal his horse, I'd be okay with it. But I don't like Link x Zelda (At least in TP), seeing how the first two times you see her you're a wolf, so you only see her once as a human, therefore you have no relationship with her.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not completely true. There could always be love at the first sight. But I don't believe the game was intended to have a Link-Zelda relationship. I have no problems with Ilia. Yes she snaps at Link and she seems to like Epona more but that doesn't mean she can't have any feelings for Link. I think during the adventure Ilia has chanegd a bit. Maybe I'm the only one but I do like Ilia.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
If only we could ask link... but we can't. =] So I'd say maybe in TP yes. In other games such as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I bet its zelda he's in love with.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
To be honest, IliaxLink really brings back memories of MalonxLink from Ocarina of Time, but I love to smash pairings to pieces, such as writing a fanfic about their adventures in an anti-equestrian club.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never noticed any love between Malon and Link in OoT. I have played that game several times but there is nothing which indicates there was a love going on. In TP it is very obvious. Ilia expressed her feelings for Link and even Midna made a remark about Link when he learned the Ilia scent. "It's the girl right? I can tell by the look on your face". And later she even made a comment at Telma's bar about the girl and her wolf. Maybe Link was in love with her as well but after his journey he might have realized she wasn't the one and that's why he didn't return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom