• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How is C.O.D Better Than LOZ

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I don't see how this is a worthy argument. Legend of Zelda and Call of Duty are two completely different games. Two different genres. There both great series for their genres. I personally like Legend of Zelda but I respect anybody that differs with my opinion. I've played both game series.

I'm seen ginger monkeys make more sense than you lot,

I'm a ginger. And a monkey.

Thanks.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
>Opens Cod thread...
>Sees a picture of a ginger monkey :/

Anyway like I have said before I think it's impossible to compare these games due to many factors, two completely different genres, two completely different audiences etc. In my opinion you can't even compare sales, Call of Duty is in a genre that is hugely popular, Zelda is a genre that is definitely not a current trend! Call of Duty is an annual release that is available on 3 platforms while Zelda is an exclusive to Nintendo consoles, the only way to decide who wins is just going to be based on opinions and considering how many fan boys each franchise has it will be an impossible feat.

Garo

Boy Wonder
There is some semblance of discussion remaining in this thread, so I'm not going to close it yet, but please try to refrain from derailing it so massively. Snarky comments here and there are okay, but when the entire thread devolves into that then it doesn't really need to exist. Thanks.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I hear people comparing a lot of videogames to COD. None are shmups, most are Nintendo.

Both are fine.

The audiences are just different.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda > COD Is that simple enough for everyone?
That is a pretty redundant statement, I mean you can't just state one game is better than the other because they are your beliefs, I think it's best if first you actually give some reasoning. Since I used to be quite a big fan on Facebook Call of Duty I can easily say it's a good series and I just don't think there is now way you can compare the two in any aspect, these are two games on completely different ends of the spectrum. Call of Duty has a more hardcore fan base which easily out matches Zelda and Call of Duty of course sells much better. Zelda is a one off, a special occasion when it is released, as it's a rarity. Both games follow a concrete formula but Zelda tends to experiment more than Cod series and since it doesn't releases annually it can be seen as a fresh experience each time. If a game with a successful formula is released annually you can expect little change to the original formula and just general tweaking and adding features.

Zelda games are all about combining many aspects together to create the ultimate adventure game, Call of Duty won't use as many of these features as it's an FPS set in a war scenario, what you can expect with Call of Duty is great graphics, physics, great controls and solid game play. Zelda focuses on its main story and story, while Cod does have a campaign mode we all know this isn't the backbone of the franchise, the real reason for Cod's success is its multiplayer. You throw in solid game play that almost anyone can pick up and enjoy with an addictive multiplayer that has a near unlimited replay ability then there you have an experience that will be worth your money.

To be honest I'm not exactly a big fan of the Call of Duty series as of the last 3 or so years but that doesn't mean I won't defend it to the sometimes unnecessary hate. Most hate I see is the same old, "it's boring", "it's the same game", "annoying kids", "all about shooting" etc. Fact is that it can be incredibly fun and addictive, it's an annual release and since they have a good formula they don't need to change it that much, the annoying kids are a small part and the ''the all about shooting" argument is a bit stupid as it's an FPS game therfore shooting. All this hate mainly comes from people who have barely played the franchise and just jump on the hate bandwagon because it's the "cool" thing to do :/ All in all I prefer the Zelda series but I certainly wouldn't decide which is the best game as they are completely different games.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
my friend at school range from 10 to 12
You're kidding! Sheesh. In the long run, I think it's all a matter of so-called 'fitting in', and unfortunately that means they get to bash everything and everyone who think otherwise. Listen, personally the best thing to do is not to try and argue, nor try to make it sound like either is better. Just let it flow, if they bring up hating Zelda out of nowhere they're probably just trying to pick a fight. Otherwise... don't try to prove anything, you're better off not humoring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom