• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past How is a Link to the Past?

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
I've been told ALttP is a very good game, yet I've never gotten it. And now I'm not sure if I should get it. I need some advice... should I get it? And why?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
'Very Good' is insulting. Link to the Past is beyond outstanding. The game is undoubtedly the best 2D Zelda game and the best Super Nintendo game. It has iconic music, graphics, gameplay, story, controls and perfect difficulty, a challenge every time. If these aren't factors making you want to get the game, I can't convince you.
You can get it on Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance (quite inferior) and Wii Virtual Console.

Here's hoping for a remake soon. :)

A Link To The Past might be one of the best Zelda games. "Very Good" doesn't begin to describe how awesome this game is. If you're on the fence about this game, just get it and jump right into it. Might be the best game you'll play this year.

I don't see how anyone could be registered with Zelda Dungeon and have not played ALttP. You should stop what you are doing and play it right now.

C

chrismoz

I'm right there with you. ALttP is the only Zelda game I haven't played. I have it on sisters my Wii Virtual Console but she recently asked me to bring the Wii home. Therefore, I can't play it :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Obtain ALttP and grovel at its feet -- it is by far the King of 2D Zeldas at its lowest point, and the Master of All Zelda at its highest point. You think OoT is overrated? Well, it is. But in all actuality, the game that even spawned OoT was in fact Link to the Past. It is top notch, it's difficulty is amazing, it's overworld is spectacular. The praise can only go on. I highly recommend it to you. If you loved OoT, you're almost sure to love ALttP.

MW7

IMO it's the best Zelda game, but I've come across several people who don't love it. The emphasis on gameplay and exploration turns off some people who want a more well developed story or direction given to the player. Personally though the combination of the most dungeons in the series, one of the most open worlds in the series, the truckload of items many of which are optional, and the hidden secrets sum up to one amazing game with endless replay value.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
ALttP i a FANTASTIC game. without a doubt in my top 5 Zelda games. The game is epic, provides exploration, one of the best overworlds IMO, has a massive arsenal of useful items, great dungeons and bosse, nd great music

Completely agree with Gooey and everyone else! In my opinion its the greatest 2D Zelda game ever made. Ive beaten this game so many times. I cannot get enough of it! You will absolutely love this game!:)

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Get it. GET IT NOW!
A Link to the Past is a wonderful game! While it's not my favourite Zelda game(it's up there though), I consider it the best. Great overworld, lots of awesome dungeons, and it has a difficulty that seems just right. Not too hard, but not very easy either.
You will love it, it's everything good about Zelda. <:

A Link to the Past is the greatest 2D Zelda game ever created. At its core, are the most dungeons squeezed into a single game the franchise has to offer. The title truly shines with its excellent and replete optional content including many heart pieces and treasure chests hidden in obscure caves. And to top it off, the soundtrack is one of the best any videogame has to offer with the Dark World theme being one of my personal favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom