• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How integral is time travel to the series as a whole?

is Zelda about time travel?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I've always considered Zelda intrinsically a story concerning time travel or at the bare minimum the concept of zeitgeist regardless of the themes each inatallment focuses on, despite not all games featuring time travel mechanics. What so you think?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It's a common occurrence in the games, but I wouldn't really say it's "about" time travel. Partially just because if you say a story is about time travel, chances are the other person's mind is gonna assume sci-fi. The concept of zeitgeist, that holds more sway, such as the contrast in Castle Town square in OoT or going to Hyrule in WW.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
It's a common occurrence in the games, but I wouldn't really say it's "about" time travel. Partially just because if you say a story is about time travel, chances are the other person's mind is gonna assume sci-fi. The concept of zeitgeist, that holds more sway, such as the contrast in Castle Town square in OoT or going to Hyrule in WW.
Can Zelda be a sci-fi story in a fantasy setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom