• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Impulsive Are You?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Everyone's a little impulsive now and again, but in general terms how impulsive are you? Are you someone who makes rash decisions very quickly, or are you someone who takes a little longer to make certain choices? On a scale from 1, being the least impulsive, to 10, being the most impulsive, how would you fair? Discuss.

I'd say I'm a 1 on the impulse scale; I am a stalwart fellow. However, that is only the norm. When it comes to food—especially sweets—I can be quite impulsive when I'm hungry. There have even been times when I've spent my last few bucks on candy if there was a large sale at my job. During these kinds of moments, I'd say I'm at least an 8 on the impulse scale. Fortunately, such moments are rare. Heh.

ILU

i luv u
Like Wolf Sage said, I'm very impulsive when it comes to food.... for me, probably a 9. I had to stop carrying cash to keep myself from buying more all the time, and have my own section in the fridge and cabinet. :/

With most other things though, like spending, I'd say I'm a 2 or 3. If it's Zelda merch, then usually a 7 or 8. I can make quick decisions, but they are never rash or impulsive.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

If I see something I like, I tell it like this:

I like ya, and I want ya. Now, we can do this the easy way (I get you for free), or we can do this the hard way (I spend money). The choice is yours.
I asked you a question, [item]! Answer the question!

So yeah. I don't think. Hollow head for hollow things. :D

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I'd say I'm a 3. I almost ALWAYS think things through, I rarely act on impulse, thinking and planning is more my style. If I reacted on impulse all the time, I would be in a LOT of trouble ;). When it comes to food I act on impulse, but with anything else I plan it carefully-be it anything I do or say.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

I'm very impulsive when it comes to a lot of things, but there are some things that I'm cautious about.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd say I'm quite impulsive, I tend to go with my heart a lot of the time rather than my head. However, there will be times when I sit and think before making a decision, but sometimes in moments of anger one can simply not think clearly and therefore I can make rash decisions. A lot of the time I will regret such decisions but that's life, we live and we learn.

Last edited:

Dan

Like Wolf Sage said, I'm very impulsive when it comes to food.... for me, probably a 9. I had to stop carrying cash to keep myself from buying more all the time, and have my own section in the fridge and cabinet. :/

With most other things though, like spending, I'd say I'm a 2 or 3. If it's Zelda merch, then usually a 7 or 8. I can make quick decisions, but they are never rash or impulsive.

I always try to think everything through. The last time I was at my local classic game store, I spent nearly an hour deciding what to buy. I ended up getting a bunch of Atari 2600 games + Banjo Kazooie.

I guess I'll say 2.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm like a zero on the impulsive scale. I've been known to do random impulsive things at times, but I'm not an impulsive buyer or anything. I always think things through a lot.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Depends, really. If I travel I like to prepare and plan as much as possible because I like to avoid unnecessary costs or complications. But on the other hand, I did very impulsively decide to go back to college after quitting my IT job a few years ago. So I do have the ability, it just depends on whether or not I actually listen to my impulsive side...

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I've made stupid impulsive decisions before. I'd give myself a 9 for anything Zelda related, an 8.5 for verbal reactions (not good to have), and a 4 for anything else.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I've definitely gotten better, but when I'm irritated I'm a 10 on vocal responses, I'm about a 6-7 for stuff like things from Amazon.

Of course when it comes to girls, I am occasionally a one, and rarely a strong two.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Probably a 5. I think about my decisions, but I wouldn't say I think on it all the time. I think its almost natural for women to act on impulse rather than thinking about it first though, but I do try and think about it because I think that would be wise. But I myself, because of my general genetic code along my family lines, think about it often before doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom