• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How important to you is your favourite franchise?

As consumers of media we will all have our favourite shows, books and video games.

Our favourite franchise is one that we can always look forward to and something we expect to make us happy.

But what does your favourite franchise?

Which series have you followed for a while that is special to you on an emotional and personal level and how important is it to you?

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I've been really hooked on catching up with the Avatar series (The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, not that weird movie) ever since I saw that Mafia Thread recently. I watched The Last Airbender when I was still in school and was always excited to see how they would end the war with the Fire Nation. Now I'm finally starting Book 3 in the Legend of Korra and I can't wait to see what happens!

Mido

Version 1
I don't tend to experience the strongest of connections with video game franchise I happen to enjoy. Two of my favorites, Star Fox and Dynasty Warriors, do harbor some degree of this notion (and perhaps Red Dead Redemption, too). Star Fox has enthralled me since I was three or so being the epic space opera that it is, winning points with its longevity. Dynasty Warriors is a slightly more interesting case. I got sucked into the story and gameplay combination, especially the former. This all came a good time. After a short tenure of owning an operating Wii, I went some time without any current gen console. Dynasty Warriors 4 helped bridge that gap.

Now, regarding media outside of video games, the emotional connection to these mediums I find to be much stronger in my experiences. Naruto I followed for ten years, and reading that final chapter had me almost reeling. The Percy Jackson series and its successor also were ones I followed frequently, although arguably not as religiously as the former. Even though I was underwhelmed by the ending of the successor series, Heroes of Olympus, the journey was quite the interesting one. Honorable mentions go to Xiaolin Showdown and Codename: Kids Next Door. All of these entities bring a smile to my face to this day.

karu

Panamaniac
I am very attached to YuGiOh, I grew up with it and I have way too many precious memories from it that I refuse to let go; it's the one thing that keeps both my cousin back in Panama how I think of as a brother and I connected. So yeah, that's that franchise.
The Grisha Trilogy, though not very commonly known where I live, is a special part of why in Highschool I started to take English seriously. If my teacher hadn't heavily recommended that book I wouldn't be taking an advance college level class while in my senior year of school; I take writing very seriously now.
Legend of Zelda obviously because you guys, now I'm never going to let this franchise go! That and the fact that my brother got me into it and it's basically the only thing we have in common at the moment because he doesn't like anime.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda was very important to me. It keeps letting me down though and I don't hold it in such high esteem as I used to. Though I still get some excitement discussing the older games.

Ninja

Well well well
There is three franchises that have always kept me invested and it's all forms of Dragonball, the SOCOM US Navy SEALs game series, and of course, Zelda.

I used to manage a DBZ website and was the admin of its webchat and forums. Through that, I've met amazing people and have made best friends with them, even though it's been almost a decade since then, I still keep them very close to my heart. I met my first girlfriend I really cared about through mutual DBZ interest, so there's that as well.

I started playing Socom back in the PS2 days where online gaming was just taking off. I played all of them but Socom II really has a special place in my heart. I remember playing non stop for hours and hours with my friends from all over the states, through the years we made really close bonds and like my DBZ crew, I still keep up with them all the time. We play other games but noting else compares.

And finally Zelda. I only know a select few of personal friends that are into it, which is probably why I love ZDi so much. This community is amazing and is very welcoming, and it's a place where I notice that everyone can relax and be themselves, I look forward to being here for a long time. Other than that, I've always loved Zelda games for their music, the gameplay, the lore and story. It's an amazing game and I really enjoy playing it and sharing it with others.

I guess the things I cherish the most as far as franchises go are because it's introduced me to some amazing people with the same interests as me.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Considering I bought a foreign 3ds, and a game in Japanese...very.

There are multiple of course.

The Inazuma Eleven Series that I'm working on buying all games of, and got a PAL system so I could play it, despite the absolutely atrocious voice acting. And of course Pokemon. I always buy both versions. Kingdom Hearts, even though I haven't beaten any but like one game. And lastly Danganronpa, in which I forced myself to suffer through DRZero just so I would be fully prepared for DR3 and especially for DRV3.

Show wise there's TWD where I'm collecting and reading all the comics, and of course watching the show, and it's spin off thing one.

And book wise I buy like every JR Ward book, even though I have yet to finish both of them. Though I'm working on reading them right now.

I say my favorite franchises are very important to me because I'm so obsessed with them, and buy a heck load of crap for them all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom