• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Important is Reading to You?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Reading is a fundamental of daily life, and a skill we use everyday. Such a skill is even used to read threads such as this one. My question here is, how important is reading to you? If it's not important, why not? If it is, how often do you read? In general, do you like reading?Discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Considering I have to read in order to participate on these forums, very important. But reading isn't just picking up written/typed language. Reading is also part of understand visual cues, behaviors, etc. Reading - no matter if you're blind, deaf, or anything - is always important. Can you read when you're hungry/thirsty? How about pick up when your foot is feeling chilly?

See what I mean yadig?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I haven't read my Garfield books and my Manga books in a long time. It's important to me because I have this thing that when I read something, I tend to misread it and I do get embarrassed when I'm discussing it and it's not what the article, chapter, etc is saying to me. So, reading is very important to me.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't read as often as I want to. I want to reread the Harry Potter series to see if it gets me back into reading. I'd say reading is somewhat important to me. It's one of the things that calms me down.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well if we're talking about books, I don't really read at all, these days. No books that particularly attract me, and there's too many games to play anyway. I used to read to try and get to sleep at night, but then I did the most stupid, dumb thing I could possibly do and moved in with a MAN who complains about me reading in bed. Because ohhh, I should talk to him... I can't talk and read at the same time, boy! :( One of them's going to suffer because of it.

I really should read more though. Since it's summer, like to sit outside getting a tan and just read a book. :) So, probably do it more.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
but then I did the most stupid, dumb thing I could possibly do and moved in with a MAN who complains about me reading in bed.

Yes my MAN always complains when I'm trying to get a goodnight sleep, or maybe I'm trying to read for a self-assignment but then the inhumane thing just bothers me! Why should I have to divert my time to that dastard when I could be LEARNING? I wish I chose a woman instead :/

I don't know if this is direct evidence or not, but I remember that I was told that guys on average spend a lot less time reading than girls. :I

Dan

Yes my MAN always complains when I'm trying to get a goodnight sleep, or maybe I'm trying to read for a self-assignment but then the inhumane thing just bothers me! Why should I have to divert my time to that dastard when I could be LEARNING? I wish I chose a woman instead :/

I don't know if this is direct evidence or not, but I remember that I was told that guys on average spend a lot less time reading than girls. :I

Van you are a beautiful person and should never let someone control you, (Merc can be controlled or she likes, she's that kind of person) you van however are amazing brilliant cunning and you're invited to my Halloween party this year, you should never let a man control what you like doing in life, read till your hearts content or drop him for a women (or me)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

That's the point, he's not. He's usually on the laptop or watching TV, I wouldn't read if he's trying to sleep, idm turning the light off and going to sleep too. I just want to enjoy a nice book but noooo. :P And I tend not to read much during the day, it was always my way of relaxing before sleeping, so, yeah, bit of a shame. Would like to though, I haven't read that last Eragon book yet, should get that!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Would like to though, I haven't read that last Eragon book yet, should get that!

Well first I recommend getting ridding of that man. They are cruel and only care about themselves. Second I highly recommend reading the book. I know it meets a lot of criticism but the last book was just wonderful. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it was an excellent conclusion to the series in my opinion. :yes:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well first I recommend getting ridding of that man. They are cruel and only care about themselves. Second I highly recommend reading the book. I know it meets a lot of criticism but the last book was just wonderful. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it was an excellent conclusion to the series in my opinion. :yes:

Oh I'm considering it! ;)

And that's good to hear. :D I really enjoyed the other books, it'll be nice to see what happens in the end, I remember not being able to put Eldest down. Stories good and the lore of the world is just awesome. Thanks for recommendation. Might actually go buy it on Amazon now, in case I forget.

Dan

Oh I'm considering it! ;)

And that's good to hear. :D I really enjoyed the other books, it'll be nice to see what happens in the end, I remember not being able to put Eldest down. Stories good and the lore of the world is just awesome. Thanks for recommendation. Might actually go buy it on Amazon now, in case I forget.

No problem it's what I'm here for. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom