• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How healthy is the Wii?

Do you think the Wii is healthy?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I heard that playing a Wii sports game for 30minutes helps you burn 150 calorieso_O yeah it's healthey especially wii fit it tells you your curent BMI(body mass index)which is a indicator of obesity and ounderwieight so heck yeah it keeps you fit but I accidently voted fot no

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It´s somewhat a joke to call it healthy in my opinion, guess it depends on what game yore playing and which style you might use. But if excercise is your thing jogging, swimming, going to the gym etc. would be a better deal!

(this was a good post but don´t start calling me overgod for such a thing)

Amelie

Air Dancer
Its not healthy for me because I dont own any of those wii games. I did try Wii fit.. and it called me fat.

Im not fat.. Im slightly.. uhh... I forgot that word.. hadicaped? so no.. not healthy.. insualting ><

But really.. I guess it depends on how much you play games like wii tennis or Wiifit.

So I vote no.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Yeah, it's supposed to be healthier than most consoles, but to me it's not.
I always sit down on the couch and play, I don't need to stand up to swing a bat.
I was playing Super Mario Bros (VC) on the Wii the other day, and my mom comes in and says, "Why aren't you standing up?" So yeah..
Explains the IQ of my parents.
But yeah, I understand how some games like Wii fit can get you movin a little.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
It's as healthy as videogames ever have been.

Which isn't healthy at all.

WiiFit is as close as it gets to healthy, and even at that, it would be so much more beneficial to just go outside.

S

sykes

it kinda depends on which games you play i spose. games like wii fit and wii sports are good but games where you have to shoot and punch and things like that arnt as good because you dont do much stuff except shoot and stuff.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Yes, it does change on the game you place, as stated above, but yes, I do think the Wii is healthy, even though I haven't played it very much.
Some things can really get you moving, as other games just leave you sitting down pressing buttons (not much of an excersize, eh?), overall it's pretty good, but there is a thing called "outside", which is far more healthier.

I think that the Wii can be healthy for people.
I've heard stories of it helping old people.
But I don't think it replaces going to the gym and working out.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
If you ask me, its not the best fourm of physical activity, but it is apperently alot funner and im sure even with games on the wii, you move arround alot more so I guess your doing more "activity" if you want to call it, instead of just sitting arround staring at the screen. I personaly have never tried Wii Fit, but ive heard many great things. But as far as video games, Wii makes you most active.

I actually hate playing on the Wii. It's a complete waste of time. When I first played on the Wii I thought it was fun and great, but no I was horribly wrong. When I first played on the Wii, just sitting down on my butt doing nothing but move my fingers, I gained 10 pound's and was getting chubby like. Once I realized what the Wii was doing to me I said this ain't working out. I started playing less and less on the Wii and I improved more on my games.

I know, what is this chick rambling about but just hear me out. I think that all electronic's are bad for you. All that it does is make you more interested into playing games than just go out and play or hang out with friends. Most kids get hooked on the Wii and it probably causes you not to do your school work. I'm not saying everyone but most kids do. The Wii is a absolutely waste of time and money. I just think that everyone would be better off without the Wii, it just makes you fat. :P Reason why I say that is because most kids and most teenagers are lazy and don't exercise. Most kids don't even buy some of the "exercise games". The Wii will cause you to be lazy and fat. But that is just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom