• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link How Hard is Zelda II?

it's hard, but it's beatable. you just gotta have patience, good reflexes, and a decent walkthrough. it's definitely not as hard as some other NES games like Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden, which are difficult to the point that you think you'll never beat them.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I actually beat it just last week! Its hard, yes, but beatable. Theres going to be many moments where you want more than anything to smash your controller and never play again, but just keep trying and youll get it. The best tip I can give you is when you find the spare lives DONT GET THEM. No matter how much you think you need them, its not as much as youll need them at the Great Palace. Good luck:)

It is indeed quite difficult, but I think with enough patience you can get past the initial learning curve and outdated game mechanics. :) I'm personally very partial to the 3D Zelda games, since I grew up with the Nintendo 64 and was never a huge 2D gamer, though I've still given Zelda II and the other 2D games in the series a shot. So I might also be a little biased, because while I did play it, I didn't get very far before becoming disinterested. I felt guilty giving up on it because it's Zelda, but I'm like that with all old games, really. But if you can get into it and beat it, more power to ya!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Hard enough that I couldn't get past the first Temple in forever. But I perused oodles of walkthroughs, taking in every tip and tactic I could, and with perseverence made it all the way through to Death Mountain, where I in turn slew Ganondorf and beat the game. Despite the difficulty, it was actually a very enjoyable game. :) :mastersword:

I've decided to play through it for the first time yesterday. (I've tried to beat it, but I never got farther than the 2nd Palace.)

Right now, I'm having fun, but the game does put up quite a challenge. Enemies, (Especially those Darknuts) are hard to defeat and you'll become frustrated easily. Despite this, I am having fun with the game so far, and everything is basically trial and error.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Right now, I'm having fun, but the game does put up quite a challenge. Enemies, (Especially those Darknuts) are hard to defeat and you'll become frustrated easily. Despite this, I am having fun with the game so far, and everything is basically trial and error.

Not contradicting you, but I think those enemies are Iron Knuckles. Really, I don't see any difference though, because they're both armored and tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom