• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link How Hard is Zelda II?

Mune

I hate everyone equally.
I've started playing through Zelda ll at least five times on my Zelda Collector's Disk, and each time I've stopped playing due to dying to the point where I can't see myself ever getting past it. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. I think I never got past the third temple, fourth tops. I think that if I started playing it now (these previous attempts were quite some time ago), I'd probably beat it, but it's certainly not easy. Although it is a very fun game, definitely worth playing through.

And Navi is annoying, don't deny it.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Overrated hard. For more info, read 'I love adventure of link thread!' And if you are on this site, like me you have sarted a quest to play all the zelda games. Go for it!

It is kinda hard, but I managed to beat it. Try it, and when you're done you'll feel really satisfied about it.

pacpix

AWESOME
It is not that hard. The only two parts that are difficult are near the beginning and the end. Study all your enemies and look for their weakness. Combat is much more important in this game. If you should still repeatedly die just level up a couple of times and try again. If you are patient and keep trying you will succeed.

I personally think its pretty much like a Castlevania game.. Only they didnt give Link as long of a reach... so you have to get right up in enemies faces to make contact... I think IF they had not made him jump back when he got hit the game would have been more enjoyable.. but they were really cloning castlevania with that title... so it is what it is... Not nearly as bad of a game as some would say... but it really never felt like a Zelda game to me.

I have NEVER beaten the game though... I usually stop enjoying myself from frustration.

I'm thinking of playing through AoL, but I've been hearing how hard it is. Is it really kick-you-in-the-teeth hard, or is it overrated like how annoying Navi is?

It's not unbearable. The hardest parts are death mountain and the valley of death. But regardless, be prepared to run out of lives a few times. First time I got through, I used 31 continues. If you can handle that, you'll be fine.

MW7

It's difficulty is slightly overrated. If you put in enough time and are ok with dying a bunch, it is very beatable. However it makes the rest of the Zelda games seem like a piece of cake. LOZ and ALTTP are the only other Zelda games that are even slightly comparable difficulty-wise.

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
It's hard, but mostly at the beginning. My first playing of the game I had 33 game overs. That's 99 lives.

But now I can do it in less than three, hopefully none my current run. But if you can beat the first palace, you're good to go the rest of the game if you level up right. I think I am usually at 2-3-4 at the end of the first palace. From there try to level up right befor you finish a palace, then you will get more free experience.

It really isn't that bad after you get used to it. The only really hard parts were Death Mountain and the Great Palace. Other than that, it's not too hard.

Ganondork

goo
Adventure of Link was a Zelda game that made a very different turn from the usual way it's done. I find the game itself to greatly resemble the game, Castlevania, but that's beside the point.

The original Legend of Zelda, and the Adventure of Link both lacked any puzzles other than "kill all enemies in the room and the door opens." To compensate for that, they made monsters much harder. However, Adventure to Link was easily the harder of the two. Link seemed to have a smaller reach in that game, so it was required to get up in the monsters' faces to do any damage. But at that length they can deal out serious damage to you too. Monsters generally had a much harder killing scheme to them as well compared to most other enemies - especially in the beginning. The difficulty of some monsters in the first palace were far greater than the ReDeads in the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time - at least in my opinion.

Overall, the game was quite tough, but it got noticeably easier with great skill - and sometimes luck.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hard. Like, really hard. Hard as Metallica's music is heavy. Harder than Chuck Norris's :donttell:s. Harder than...you get the point.

:xd: Haha, all kidding aside, it's a pretty tough game, but it's pretty easy to get used to with some practice. Just know that even when you get really good, you'll still die many times. My record is 14 deaths, half tactical suicides.

Zelda 2 is hard cause the enemies are quite brutal at the beginning. To be honest I could'nt beat it without a walkthrough.

suppose once you get used to the gameplay, it should become easier and easier as you go along. But prepare your self, those enemies will get pretty nasty.

Last edited:

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
Zelda II is pretty hard in the beginning of the game, especially when you go through death mountain. On my current file 3/4 of my game overs from there. By the time you beat death mountain it gets easy until you have to go through the valley of death. I only made it through there once, and that was because I was spamming the life spell. I was able to spam it because most of the enemies drop magic containers when I killed them. Also the last palace is really tough especially Dark link when you fight him the proper way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom