• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How happy are you that Gorons, Gerudo and Zoras are returning in BotW

Races in Zelda are very important. They go a long way to giving the games their flavour and their regions character and lore.

Gerudo, Gorons and Zoras are fan favourite races in Zelda and I am very happy to see them come back, especially after the terrible races seen in SS like the Mogma and Parella...

Are you happy to see the Gorons, Gerudo and Zoras return?

Have they been used too much?

Would you have preferred other returning races like the Anouki?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I am happy indeed to see these traditional races return. Gorons and Zora's are a series staple and having then just makes the games feel more Zelda ish.

Don't mind new races if they aren't terrible like the mogma, but keep the fan favourites I say.

Idk where to post this but whatever.

Commonwealth Realm posted a video recently saying that a japanese official website for Breath of the Wild had an update and included some info on the blue scarf characters. Not really too much though.

We have:
Daruk the Goron
Ravali the Rito
Mipha the Zora

I might have butchered the spelling. Going off memory here.

My concern is why the Gerudo lady wasn't there. I was under the impression that they all shared a similar role in that they helped you get into the Divine Beasts. I mean we see Ravali flying towards the Flying Beast and we see Gerudo lady standing before the Camel Beast so clearly they have similar roles and but yet she seems to be neglected here.

Although I haven't actually seen any picture of her in a blue scarf or an official artwork so maybe she has a different purpose.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Yes yes, I am quite happy about this, yes. It's been far too long since the last time the classic races were featured in a main Zelda title. I'm not sure how I feel about Zoras being red now, it seems a bit of an odd color choice, but... I kinda dig it on some level. Anyway, the Skyward Sword races left me pretty underwhelmed. The Mogma, Parella, and Ancient Robots left very little impression on me (I had actually forgotten what they were called). They weren't all that interesting and the individuals weren't very memorable. Kikwi were pretty cool though.
So yes, I am glad that we're getting the staple races back. I don't have as much nostalgia for the Rito, but hey, they're pretty cool too.

I am really really sick of Gorons and Zoras. They jumped the shark with Twilight Princess, for me. I'd much rather every Zelda game have totally original races, in the same way that I want each Zelda game to have totally original locales, dungeons, and stories. If the Gorons and Zoras are in Breath of the Wild, then I hope we at least get a bunch of new races, too. There's little that could sink that game faster for me than it riding OoT's dick too hard. The Rito I have less of a problem with seeing again, since they've only really been in one game and they look pretty different in Breath of the Wild. I'd still rather get something totally new, but whatever.

The Gerudo can come back all they like because they foine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
yes am so happy to see the rock monsters and the sea monsters in the breath because it feels good to have a familiar face everyone ce and a while. so to wrap up todays moilepost on pc, i want to say that gorons and zoras are very good for zelda and if possible nintendo should keep it going

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
Happy for the oldies. Excited for the new ones.

Like the Sand Wallrus or w/e. New races are always exciting... wondering whether they will stick or be forgotten.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom