• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Goron Babies Are Born. (made Up Theory)

Every 120 years or so, a giant lava rock (like the one that the goron that gives you the bomb bag upgrade in twilight princess) Falls down from the heavens. The gorons have a scent that tells them that one has landed. when they find it, they bring it back to their home, and keep punching it till it brakes. then they find the goron baby in it.

Please post your own thoughts of where goron babies come from. Thanks!

hmm.....I can just imagaine- something popped into my head- a female goron pregnant- the only way they cna tell they're pregnanat could be becuase they are more hungry- baby gorons use up lots of rock energy. Maybe. That could be it, but it doesn't xplain how goron babies are born....hmm.....

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I have no idea, really. But here are a few poorly formed thoughts:

Sentient rocks. After thousands of years of tectonic plate shifts and the like, large rock formations appear. Then Death Mountain erupts, resulting in an earthquake. The earthquake breaks the rock formations apart, and the shock somehow sparks life into the new individual rocks. I guess the Gorons call each other brothers because they come from the same rock formation.

To the best of my knowledge, there haven't been any female Gorons as of yet. So perhaps they reproduce asexually. Goron X gets bigger and bigger after eating enough rocks, and then part of him breaks off, resulting in a new Goron.

Perhaps this will be clarified in a future Zelda. It would make for an interesting subplot.

P

Pancakes

I think lava/magma creates new gorons but that's just me...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have two theories.

Theory 1 (born in a roleplay between me and my online AIM buddy, Sailor_Lilithchan):
-- Biggoron is actually a female. The rest of the tribe are males and the strongest and fittest among them are sent to her every once in a while to go make little Gorons. It is a very high honor. She basically has a harem and, all the Gorons are *literal* brothers, all tracing their lineage to Biggorn. They have bizarre biology, anyway, so they probably don't have the problems inherent in humans doing similar.

Theory 2:
-- The Gorons are like Dwarves in LoTR - difficult if not impossible to tell the males from the females, no obvious sexual dismorphism. Perhaps some of the "brothers" Link met are actually "sisters." This theory has some weight in that the OoT manga... I remember seeing a baby Goron in the arms of his apparent mother, crying about being hungry. The mother looked just the same as any other Goron. In the version I read (on OneManga), the baby was calling his parent "Mama" if I recall correctly.

Edit: Bingo, found it. "Mommy." Very bottom lefthand panel, a little skinny one. http://www.onemanga.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time/4/11/

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
I recall seeing something in MM that they babies were given to them by something(like a stork) but I do not recall it has been years since I have played MM. Maybe Goron's never die :O. They are made of rock basically so why would they die, they will never run out of food living on a mountain.

I recall seeing something in MM that they babies were given to them by something(like a stork) but I do not recall it has been years since I have played MM. Maybe Goron's never die :O. They are made of rock basically so why would they die, they will never run out of food living on a mountain.

If they were immortal then I doubt they would have worried so much about Volvagia.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
To be fair, that isn't age-mortality, that's predation. There's a diffence.

"True immortality" is "something does not age and cannot be killed." It crops up in fantasy fiction from time to time. "Ageless immortality" is more common - as in, "being does not age/is not subject to illness and can theorhetically live forever" but *can* be killed by something. I'm reading a book right now that involves immortal kings that can be killed by very special weapons...

For either case, personally, I don't think the Gorons are immortal. I already gave my ideas on where little Gorons might come from. I think the one that holds the most water is simply "Girl Gorons look like boy Gorons and it is impossible for a mere human to tell them apart."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom