• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Good is Your Memory?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So how good is your memory? Do you recognize someone's voice after hearing it once and a long time ago? Do you remember details from a pic you've seen only once or a place you've only been to years ago? Do you remember seeing someone after only seeing this person in a crowd once?
My parents used to have a friend and I only saw him when I was like 4 or 5 years old. I never saw or heard this man after this until I picked up the phone when I was 17 and he asked me if I knew who he was. I immidiatly said the right name. He was surprised I still knew who he was. I also remember faces I've seen once or twice. It doesn't happen often because I get older :P But still I do. So what about you?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It varies. I can remeber the obsurest, most meningless facts, but I can never remember something useful, like the names of someone I HAVE to talk to but havent in ages, or the exact way to integrate about an axis. Or a lot of math things.

When I try to remmeber things like a picture, if I go long without seeing it then my mind sort of..distorts it into its own image and it's completely different from the actual thing. I can remember things that happened years ago, I can remember almost exact quotes, and I remember most of my favourite dreams and nightmares. The only thing I can't tell you is what I had for dinner yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that. I think I'm alright with faces.

octorok74

TETTAC
My memory is good to great depending on what I am remembering. Only thing I can never is math stuff. Math screws me over every single time. But most others things I can recall from memory pretty well.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It really depends for me. I can remember books and other things I've read fairly well. Definitely not verbatim, but enough to be able to summarize it pretty well. For example, I could summarize the play The Crucible off the top of my head right now if I wanted to, and I haven't read it since last year. I can memorize the things I want to put into the chapters of my fan fiction The Hero of Spirits, so that when I sit down to write the chapter, it's all in my head, ready to be transferred into text. I can remember the majority of terms and topics for my classes in school when preparing for a test, so I don't typically study since I can remember the things I need to know.

But when it comes to remembering that my mother told me to take out the trash or empty the dishwasher or to put on my glasses, it usually goes in one ear and out the other. :cooky:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I can't really say that I have a good memory or bad, my memory is very sporadic and I seem to remember a lot of specific moments that many people won't remember however at the same time my memory can be rather bad. Sometimes I will forget things that have happened within that same day, it's nothing major as I do seem to remember after a while but its just seem to have these moments when I black out when thinking of short term memories.

However at specific things though I seem to have a good memory, it's generally things I care for or have an interest in, one example would be song lyrics. It doesn't take me long to know the lyrics to a song and I probably know the complete lyrics for most of the songs on my ipod.

I have a great memory I am proud to say, I remember most anything, though that unfortunately includes things that never happened.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Here's how my mind works.

If I find it important, I remember it.

If I don't want to remember or it's not important to me I easily forget it.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I have a selective memory.
I can remember stuff that I like but not anything else, I can remember faces and voices but not names, I can remember pictures and words, but not text, I can remember songs, but not bands, and if I don't like something, my memory updates itself into something I do like.
Once I forgot the number six. I often forget why my parents asked me to go downstairs. I remember a dream I had when I was three. I forget where I live sometimes. I always know where I put anything in my bedroom, but nowhere else in the house.

I'm strange like that.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It depends. It seems like the little and insignificant things from early on in my life I remember like yesterday, yet when someone asks me for what I had for breakfast, I draw a blank.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I'm good at memorizing things I care about. For example, I can remember all the natures in Pokemon & which stat will increase/ decrease, but I can't seem to remember math formulas for statistics. Im good at memory games, but if I have to memorize a phone number, I'm screwed

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I have an easy time remembering overall ideas and certain details, but names of people from history and events from history and that kind of stuff flies right over my head most of the time.:sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom