• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How futuristic is Pokemon?

Is it futuristic at all or is it just an alternate universe in our modern time?

I've always thought of it as a futuristic series because of the pokeball and trading/transfering technology but what about you guys?

Is Pokemon futuristic or not, and if it is how futuristic?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think they are like us but maybe 5 years ahead and with different technology. Cuz the consoles in the player's bedroom seem to keep up with the times.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly pokemon doesn't feel futuristic most of the time, they rely on animals for almost everything and then enslave vast amounts to do so. Look at electricity we've yet to see pokehumans generate electricity without pokemon.

Look at electricity we've yet to see pokehumans generate electricity without pokemon.

tumblr_mv6kk75LFD1syvpb8o1_500.gif

Good point

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What worries me is do they enslave fire types to heat water? Grass types to reforest areas farmed?

I know machokes are used in construction hell theres even a pokemon called Gurrdurr

Some pokemone are even born from human waste such as trubbish and grimer.

But the scariest, Vanilluxe it's an ice cream pokemon are people eating them?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
What worries me is do they enslave fire types to heat water? Grass types to reforest areas farmed?

I know machokes are used in construction hell theres even a pokemon called Gurrdurr

Some pokemone are even born from human waste such as trubbish and grimer.

But the scariest, Vanilluxe it's an ice cream pokemon are people eating them?
That pokemon, Mime, is like a house maid for Ash's mother, I recall.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That pokemon, Mime, is like a house maid for Ash's mother, I recall.

To be fair mimey did get a good job with no issues.

Honestly the thing that bugs me is that Catching pokemon seems to be a sport with classifications and everything. None of these pokemone are rehomed or saved they are just trapped in the internet or bills magic box's HOW MANY DOES HE HAVE!

Also legendaries, literally creatures that have the power of a god, and in at least one case is a freaking god and yet 10 year old children frequently go and capture these dietific beings. May i remind you one of them can distort reality? Another Space. One can just make you explode into chunks with his mind. And children capture them and force them to fight.

What the hell would happen if the army got them, we saw a snippet of that with Genesect and maaan is it screwy.

We also got the space virus how has it not taken over the earth? it's clearly multiplied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom