• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Fast Can You Beat Ocarina of Time

Farore

Goddess of Courage
It took me about 13.5 hours to get 100% on the game. Idk if thats too long, but its what i came up with.
And of course i got side-tracked a couple times by finding easter eggs for mere enjoyment haha.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't know to be honest. I don't time myself because I play only for enjoyment, and to take in everything.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
I don't know to be honest. I don't time myself because I play only for enjoyment, and to take in everything.

I personally do the same when playing the Legend of Zelda games (or any game in general), but i decided to time myself for the fact that ive played the game multiple times to begin with and it seemed something worth trying. Try it! It'll give a new feeling of accomplishment. x]

MW7

Well after playing through the game dozens of times over the last 13 years, it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I sat down and timed myself.

I looked up the optimum route for a glitch-free run on speedrunwiki.com (Fire, Forest, Water, Shadow/Spirit) and learned how to get through the haunted wasteland without the lens of truth among other smaller tricks.

Timing from when Link jumped out of bed to the final blow on Ganon I finished in 5 hours and 57 minutes. I was very happy because my goal was under 6 hours.

I actually could have done much better because I screwed up big time in 3 places. The best one was that going from Kokiri Forest to Hyrule Castle for the first time, I was backwalking and missed the bridge and fell into the water. And the best part is that night fell seconds later so I had to wait for a few minutes to carry on. I also died fighting Bongo Bongo (it's a long way back to the boss room) and failed to pull off a time saving trick in the Water Temple. Also a week or two later I found out about another trick that would have saved me a minute or two as well.

It takes me about 7 hours if I'm trying to 100% it. But I don't do that often.. not fun :\ Skulltulas BLEH! Lol

To beat it just casually it's about four to five hours give or take. It's not too long of a game but it's fun while it lasts! ^_^

My Three heart run.. Well I've done it but one time and it took for in game time maybe about 4 hours. But it took a month of playing.. Dang Shadow Temple :b haha

Great topic By the way!! :D

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well... TECHNICALLY my record for 3 Heart Challenge is 29 hours, according to my Wii (since I played the Virtual Console version), but I left the game running for most of the day without playing it. In reality, it's probably somewhere around 15.

...Okay, I'm going to replay it now, because my record is awful. I guarantee I can complete it quicker - this time, I just won't get the Biggoron Sword or the bottles, because those took a lot of time. XD

Big Octo

=^)
I mentioned in a different thread that I play OoT once a year or more. With this in mind, I can play through considerably fast, but I'm not sure about the exact number of hours, though.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The one time that I played it from start to finish without stopping it took around 8 hours. I wasn't doing a speedrun or anything. I was just playing like I normally do, so I'm sure I could've done it faster than that.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i like to take my time and enjoy it, not rush through it. last time i did it, just getting what i came across as i went along, i had 18 hearts by the time i faced Ganondorf and around 55 Gold Skulltulas. i don't get a lot of time to play games, probably an hour or so a week, so it tough to say how long it takes to complete a game

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
It would take 8 to 10 hour for me to completely to the game from beginning to the ganon battle.

(Deku Tree - Jabu Jabu's Belly) ~ 1 to 1 and half hours
(Forest Temple - Fire Temple) ~ 1 and half hours
(Water Temple to Spirit Temple) ~ 2 hours
(Barriers and Ganon) ~ 1 and half hours
= 6.5 to 7.5 hours in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom