• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Far Have You Travelled?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is already a similar and recent thread. I looked but did not find one.

How far have you traveled away from your home? I am very under-traveled. I live in Delaware, and I have never been further north than New York, never further south than Maryland, and never further east or west than Delaware. What about the rest of you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Many the furthest I've been from Texas is Nevada to the west, Colorado/Utah to the north, and Louisiana to the East. Ain't neva been outside of there.

bunny

birb overlord
The furthest I've been is Waverly, Kansas. That's pretty far for me considering I live in Indiana. I've also visited down south, too. I've been to at least 15 different states. My parents like to try different places when we go on vacation, so yeah. Also, going on mission trips has widened my experience with travel as well. I've never been out of the country, though.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've seen most of the east coast of the USA: MD, VA (West included), FL, DE, NJ, SC, NC, GA (dunno if that counts), NY, and probably CT and RI. I've yet to see ME or NH. I would love to visit Finland, because quite frankly it's a beautiful and peaceful country.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
~30 states, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland, England, Manitoba in Canada. I've also been in and around airports in Iceland and the Netherlands.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I've been in Ohio, Arizona, Illinois, California, Utah and there might be some other states I don't remember.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
My one friend is a truck driver and in going with him two or three times I got to visit several places in the United States, I couldn't name these places though because I didn't write them down or familiarize myself with them that much, heheh. I've also been around my area of Canada though, have gone to Niagara Falls a few times and have also been to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, also travelled through the closer area such as Toronto in the past.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Just North of my state (New South Wales) and just south of it too. A state in Australia is much bigger than an American state, we have 6 states and 2 "territories" (pretty much states ruled by the National government) and have a similar amount of land. So it takes almost 24 hours to drive from the north if my state to the south of it. Even though it is a lot of land I can't wait to travel further. I really want to go to Japan and the USA.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I live in Maryland, USA. Sometimes I go to Delaware, Alabama, or Virginia to see family I've been in a lot of places, but it was only for a road trip. If you count places you were in the car during a road trip for a vacation, I been in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New York & Alabama. So, other than Alabama, I've never been out of the eastern shore, & don't plan to go to the west coast...they have earthquakes:awkward: I have a fear of earthquakes...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't plan to go to the west coast...they have earthquakes:awkward: I have a fear of earthquakes...

Most of them are quite minor, you can't even feel it most of the time.
--------------------
The furthest I've traveled by car is when we took a trip across the country. We drove from Vancouver, BC to Charlottetown, PE, a distance of approximately 5,909km (~3,670mi), which doesn't even include all the detours we took to see the sights. Including those, plus the return trip, we probably drove over 12,000km (7,456mi).

The furthest I've ever traveled in general was when we went to Orlando, FL in 2011. I've also been to NYC, on a band trip (just last year, actually), which is still pretty far, even if it's not as far as Florida. When I was 2, we went to Disneyland in Anaheim, but I hardly remember anything from that trip. Another band trip, in Grade 8, was to Edmonton, which really isn't that far away. My most recent trip was to Moscow, ID, which was yet another band trip. We went for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival.

So overall, I haven't traveled all that much. I wish I could more often, but it is what it is I guess. I really want to go to Europe, but I've unfortunately never been out of Canada or the States. Next year, we are currently planning a band trip to New Orleans, which should be fun!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Furthest I've ever gone is probably Australia. Which was like, a 24-hour journey. I like travelling really, I can just sit with my headphones in and just play games, watch movies, listen to music. It's not a bad thing at all, really. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom