• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How far have you fallen? (in real life?)

funnier6

Courage~
Got the idea for this one cause I saw spirits thread this morning and for a minute I thought she meant real life.

I'm not sure exactly, but definitely the most memorable was when I for some reason thought I could jump down an entire flight of stairs at school one time, it's become something of a legend actually. I was being chased (cant remember why) and I idiotically jumped off the like, second highest stair and completely didn't factor in that the ceiling gets lower all of a sudden so I cracked my head on it and passed out mid jump, which is actually pretty fortunate or I wouldve had way more bruises.

In my barely conscious haze I am remembered for mumbling ''I hate my lifee'' as I lay on the floor, I still get teased about it sometimes.

So now it's your turn, btw bungee jumping doesn't count unless the bungee cord broke lol. Sky diving counts.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If it counts, I mislanded a ski jump earlier this winter. Had about 12 ft of air and landed on my back. Didn't hurt much, but it stained my ego a bit.

In sixth grade, we used to toboggan off the large piles created by the snow plows. There was always enough snow so the pile outside the school was around 15ft tall. My friend and I were doubling off this one jump we built, I fell off the back and landed face first on the icy pavement below. Ended up getting about 10 cuts above my lip, but the fall was probably only about 5ft or so.

I'm planning to take a skydiving lesson towards the end of the summer though, so my answer will change if that ends up happening.

EDIT: Also, I remember a time when I was little and I fell while shoveling snow off the roof. I was only supposed to step where there were shingles, but of course I had to step on the slippery metal part of the roof. Luckily there was a snow bank below to break my fall, so I didn't get hurt at all. Not sure how high the actual fall was considering how high the snow level was compared to the roof height.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Not sure if it counts but once I slipped and slid down a mid, sized waterfall going down at about a 50 degree angle for about 30 feet and caught myself on a overhanging log just before the real drop (which I may not have survived! •~• ) it wasn't really a drop per se but it certainly felt like it!

Another time I was at the top of a tree but lost balance and fell slamming into many branches on the way down. It was about 20 feet there. I lost a tooth on that one. (Although I was younger so it grew back)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Fell down the slope across from my house. Still not sure how it happened, since I'm pretty sure I blacked out. The ground there's very loose dirt and gravel so I think it gave way under me. The hillside is a literal mountain but that particular incline is maybe 30ft or so. I must have fallen at least 40 head over heels through dense woods and luckily I managed to avoid hitting any trees on the way down... I think. This happened several years ago. Still got the scar on my knee to remember it by. Fourteen stitches iirc. It's not going away any time soon.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I fell from Heaven once.
That would explain how you messed...yeah, nevermind.
Fell down the slope across from my house. Still not sure how it happened, since I'm pretty sure I blacked out. The ground there's very loose dirt and gravel so I think it gave way under me. The hillside is a literal mountain but that particular incline is maybe 30ft or so. I must have fallen at least 40 head over heels through dense woods and luckily I managed to avoid hitting any trees on the way down... I think. This happened several years ago. Still got the scar on my knee to remember it by. Fourteen stitches iirc. It's not going away any time soon.
I'm picturing the hill scene from Black Sheep. https://youtu.be/f890SC1schE

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This one time when I was maybe ten, I was cleaning up the treehouse in my grandparents yard
I walked backwards while dusting something. I wasn't doing anything useful, but I felt like I was.
And then I fell through the ladder-hole. Was quite the shock, even if it was only, like, seven feet. Scarred me for life I tells ya :P

I fell about 2 meters into a ditch in the rain and mud when I was younger, I was traumatised. Other than that, I've fallen down the stairs a few times (mostly running down and slipping, I'm really clumsy)

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I thought this thread would be more serious.

However, my answer still remains the same:

I hit rock bottom. But I'm on my way to the top. Blood, sweat, and tears.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
9jOhRrM.png

I fell off some stairs before on a sidewalk, but not sure of the actual height.

If jumping into a pool counts, then off a one story roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom