• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Far Do You Walk on Average?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nowadays many people carry around a device such as a Fitbit or iPhone which counts their daily steps and walking distance. So how are your stats?

I do quite a bit of walking for my job so during 2020 I averaged 9.7km/~6miles/13,264 steps per day. So far this month I'm averaging 11.4km/~7.08miles/15,589 steps per day. My legs are very sore at the end of the day (particularly lately) but on the bright side I don't really have to spend more time exercising outside of work to be healthy.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've been consistently exercising for years now, and typically walk anywhere from a single mile to four miles most days. Doesn't replace a good way of eating, but it helps for stress relief as well as just being good for getting out in the open air.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Not enough. Sometimes I can have a pretty solid exercise routine, but the past month or so has been really busy and exercise has been sorta sidelined. Now we're in a 2nd ice age, and they were saying you could get frostbite in as little as 30 minutes outside. Tis gonna be a while.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't have a pedometer on me, but since I started a desk job around eight months ago, I can certainly tell you that the answer is not enough.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
what is this wowkeem you're talking about

I usually did a couple miles on the gym's threadmill and walk around the college campus (which is HUGE) everyday
since quarantine my average is a whooping 10m going to sofa to bathroom and vice-versa except when I have to do something at a bank or a mall or at my other apartment

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
In the summer I did quite a few long walks, but now that it's freezing hell outside I haven't walked outside in a while. I do often meet my daily 10k step goal at work, though I wouldn't call that exercise since it's mostly just walking back and forth around the kitchen.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
My 3ds counts steps and in the spring/summer when I carried it around with my I registered anywhere between 5k-30k steps per day
More consistently I walk about 20-25 kilometers per week when I'm actively playing pokemon go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom