• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link How Far Did You Get?

How far did you get in Zelda II?

• Didn't beat first dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't beat second dungeon

• Didn't beat third dungeon

• Didn't beat fourth dungeon

• Didn't beat sixth dungeon

• Didn't beat final dungeon

• Beat it

• Never played it

• Total voters

Beeker

Wild Card
I've managed to beat it once or twice! 8D
I think I'm actually better at this one compared to the first LoZ...

B

blink

I beat it many times. This is the first zelda game I ever played, as a kid, and the game I've played the most. I must have taken me over a year to beat it the first time. More recently on the DS, it took me a few hours (yeah, I used restore points but not while inside dungeons).

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I got the game recently and this is one of my multiple attempts at completing it. But alas, I'm stuck on FRICKEN DEATH MOUNTAIN OMG WHY IS IT SO HARD.

I've gotten close multiple times. I've gotten through but then I enter spectacle rock to get the stupid hammer and I get killed by the stupid axe throwing enemy AHHHH

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I only got to the first temple. It's an extremely difficult game and I don't have the time to sit down and play it.

From the little I've played, I can honestly say in terms of combat and just navigating the very dangerous overworld, it is the single most difficult Zelda game (heck any game) I've ever (tried) playing.

I fully intend to sit down, play, and beat the game in the future. I'm currently working on LA though so we'll see when I can get to it. :)

Chiraku

Demon slayer
obc7k.jpg

Attachments

• obc6z.jpg
    obc6z.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I've actually didn't get to beat the third dungeon since I got stuck getting anywhere else in the game. It's a good game, but it's quite difficult...

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Thanks to the power of the internet, I've beat it twice, once on the Wii and the other on 3DS. When I was a kid, I only knew this game from the Zelda Collectors Edition for Gamecube, and I was horrible at it. Back then I think I only made it to the first Temple, with 10 game overs at least...then I just stopped playing.

My death count must be through the roof, but I just played this thing for the first time a couple weeks ago and finished it with full completion. Yes, I did need to consult a walkthrough to get all the hearts and Link dolls. At first I thought it was insane, but once I realized your progress is automatically saved when you die, I just kept doggedly starting out from the same damn palace and trekking to whichever palace I had died in. :P By the last palace, my sister said, "You're pretty good at this game," and I insisted I sucked, because I felt no more skilled at it than I had when I started. I kept insisting I sucked right up until taking down Thunderbird, which I'm convinced I achieved by sheer luck. And I wimped out fighting the doppelganger and did the corner thing. But I'm done. Great game. Not sure why it was so unpopular. I'd play it again. :P

Zelda II is easily the hardest game in the series. It's long and repetitive. How far did you get? Did you finish? What finally made you quit?
I strongly disagree with your statement. The game is pretty quick to beat once you work out where everything is. And when you've maxed Link out at 8/8/8 the only really tough enemies are the bird knights in the final Palace + Gooma, Thunderbird and shadow Link bosses. This game even has lives which no other Zelda (as far as I know) has.

And for those who don't know when you beat it you get to replay the game but your attack/life/magic levels do not reset back to 1. You have to refind all the heart containers and magic bottles I think though.
The 8/8/1 and 8/1/1 challenges are pretty hard though. Also doing that while picking to no extra heart containers is really hard. But just beating the game normally is not so hard once you work out how to beat the iron knuckles.

[edit] to be technically correct they are called Palaces and not dungeons in Zelda 2.

Last edited:

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
The first time I attempted to beat it was on my very dodgy NES so every so often I would be level grinding and the thing would crash. It didn't start to dampen my spirits until I got to the fifth palace and right when I beat the boss it crashed. I threw the controller and didn't play it again until I got it on the VC. Then after a few weeks I beat it. I have to say, beating that game felt like one of the biggest accomplishments ever because it actually felt like the game was made for me to lose. I'm looking at you death valley.

10thEnemy

I have the bomb.
I made it the last palace. This and Phantom Hourglass (got sick of playing same temple over and over again) are the only Zelda games I have played and not finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom