• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link How Far Did You Get?

How far did you get in Zelda II?

• Didn't beat first dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't beat second dungeon

• Didn't beat third dungeon

• Didn't beat fourth dungeon

• Didn't beat sixth dungeon

• Didn't beat final dungeon

• Beat it

• Never played it

• Total voters

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've beaten the game, and actually kinda enjoyed it. It took me awhile to find my way through Death Mountain, but I loved the challenge. I highly recommend everyone to try and finish it. I found it to be a truly awesome experience.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
i don't know about others, but I don't think I needed a guide when I quit. I needed something to help me past those legions of monsters that lay on the path to the last dungeon.

After much blood, sweat, tears and 40-something game overs, I bested this beast. And it was one of the most satisfying things I've ever experienced.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have very little patience when it comes to video games, so I gave up AoL about midway through Death Mountain. I spent a week getting killed by Octoroks, and got absolutely nowhere.

Who knows, I may pick it up again someday soon, when I get bored enough to get killed by more Octoroks.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I beat it on the 3DS version. It wasn't easy -- the amount of times Thunderbird killed me was just ridiculous -- but it was still rewarding. And, much to my glee, I didn't use save states. (I had already played through most of the game by the time they even added that feature, so I didn't have much of a choice, but still. XD) To all of those arguing sbout save states, if I had this on the NES, which I wish I did, then I wouldn't be able to use that feature. It doesn't seem fair to be able to claim the same level of accomplishment as someone who played the original when they had to struggle through it. That's just my viewpoint. But if others want to use them -- go ahead.

guys....we are in ZELDA DUNGEON
if you need a guide..JUST LOOK UP!!!!
I personally don't like using guides, but even if I did, it really doesn't help much in AoL if you just keep dying in combat. XD That was my problem in AoL: I knew where to go, I just COULDN'T GET THERE...

It was difficult, many hours of my life was lost... but I refused to give in because I want to play every Zelda game to the bitter end and I succeeded. I was able to defeat Shadow Link. I couldn't have done it without the guide from this site.

B

baconfaceX130

Surprisingly I stopped at the parapa palace.at first I stopped because the goblin. But I killed it and moved on to the iron knuckle. I tried 2006 until this very day I'm still trying.

I have completed this game many times over the years. I think it's one of the better titles on the NES.
There are a couple of tricks you must know in order to beat the game:
1. Save all of the extra lives for your final trip to the end palace. I honestly don't think the game is possible without doing this.
2. Level up to the max on everything. There are a couple of places where you can accumulate points quickly; this is easy, so there are no excuses.
3. Use the SHIELD spell frequently at the final palace. These enemies are relentless and they will tear you to pieces.

Best of luck to all who attempt. The game is challenging but it can be done.

I only could beat the first dungeon. But it takes so many tries that I lose interest and My battery's dead so i cant save. -_-

Haven't beaten the final dungeon yet. I tried fighting Shadow Link the legitimate way, but my Lord is he hard. He just wrecks me up every time. I looked at Mases' guide a long while back and he showed us how to beat him the cheap way, but I don't want to do that. I want to do it the legitimate way but my reflexes aren't fast enough.

Haven't played it in a like a couple years though, so maybe I'll give it another chance and try to beat him.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I just recently started playing it after like 3 years. 3 years ago, I was 8. I rage quit, and now, as a much older and experienced LoZ fan... I decided to pick up the collector's edition, plop it into the GameCube, and enter Hell.... I got stuck immediately on the first palace because of the ironknuckle. I didn't find out about the jump then slash trick until like last week... Anyway, I am currently trying to beat the boss of the 6th palace. I WILL BEAT THIS GAME NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I think I played through the game about 20-30 times while collecting data for the ZD wiki in June/July. Beat it for the first time in the early 90s.

I did beat this game for the first time last year after seeing Mases beat it in a little more than three hours during the first ZD Marathon. I had played the game a few times before, but each time I would only get to the second palace or so. After getting strategies from watching it played, the first time I seriously sat down with it, I used save states. Since then, I've beat the game a few times without save states, but still with plenty of game overs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom