• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link How Far Did You Get?

How far did you get in Zelda II?

• Didn't beat first dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't beat second dungeon

• Didn't beat third dungeon

• Didn't beat fourth dungeon

• Didn't beat sixth dungeon

• Didn't beat final dungeon

• Beat it

• Never played it

• Total voters

Big Octo

=^)
I have completed the game. Fantastic experience and a great game that I'd reccomend many people to finish. I had a lot of fun with it when I played, as the challenge had me going for more and more. Now that I've completed the game, it ranks high in my favorite 2D Zelda titles. I highly encourage everyone to give it a second chance.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've started the game about three or four times, and each playthrough has had me stop about the third or fourth palace, funnily enough. The game isn't that great, and the challenge doesn't make me feel like going much further. That's at the point were I start getting Game Overs enough to be troublesome in terms of needing to travel back to where I was when I died, and it gets annoying. I have the game on 3DS and could easily use the save state-like function it possesses, but if that's what it takes to cheat myself of the experience...

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i refused to let it be a game in my collection that only mom has beat, my brother this weekend said as we were talkin about it "wasnt mom the only one to ever beat that game"

AND I SAID NAY! "your baby bro beat that like two month ago!" believe it or not he was very proud of me. it actually turned into a brotherly moment...you know, finally knowing that mom is not the only one to beat a game her children used hide in a corner from sucking their thumb from pure defeat!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I haven't even stepped foot in the second palace. I haven't quit yet I just get bored of grinding for levels. I might pick it up again some day, but today is not that day.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have the game on 3DS and could easily use the save state-like function it possesses, but if that's what it takes to cheat myself of the experience...

if its a function you can use with in the game, in the natural state that you purchased it, it is not cheating.. just simply a self controlled difficulty level. Dont deprive your self of the pride you get when completing this game cuz of a dumb moral like "cheating at a videogame" cuz the morals of cheating and what is considered cheating are highly debatable

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
if its a function you can use with in the game, in the natural state that you purchased it, it is not cheating.. just simply a self controlled difficulty level. Dont deprive your self of the pride you get when completing this game cuz of a dumb moral like "cheating at a videogame" cuz the morals of cheating and what is considered cheating are highly debatable

Bad word to use on my part. I don't believe it's *literally* cheating at all. Just "cuz" I used what is a decent save feature over what is poor respawning in the game doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself. What it does mean, however, is that if I know I'm going to pick up the game and plan to use a pseudo-save save like function in order to beat, I don't feel like playing it, is all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Legitimately? I got to the third dungeon (Midori Palace?) and perished there. :yes:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Just "cuz" I used what is a decent save feature over what is poor respawning in the game doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself.

You answered it yourself right there, the save/checkpoint system in AoL was broken, so if you wanna still have your pride as a gamer and use the states at the same time, use them at the beginning of Palaces or in towns ONLY, that way the times u choose to use a save state, are times that modern zelda games give you a checkpoint!

Bad word to use on my part. I don't believe it's *literally* cheating at all. Just "cuz" I used what is a decent save feature over what is poor respawning in the game doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself. What it does mean, however, is that if I know I'm going to pick up the game and plan to use a pseudo-save save like function in order to beat, I don't feel like playing it, is all.
You are still playing it. You just get to start over from a specific point. You could think of it as a checkpoint...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Oh god where to start :I

Got to say I didn't enjoy this game one bit, maybe it's because it feels completely alien to what I know to be Zelda, I know some say that is the game's charm but I wouldn't. The gameplay just wasn't stimulating to me whatsoever, I got heavily frustrated be the fiddly controls and constant switching to top down and side-scrolling. Then there was the difficulty, I don't mind a challenge but I like a fair challenge, I just didn't feel that this game was fair in anyway.

Given that and how dated the game felt, I just didn't have any motivation to proceed with it, I got about three hours in before turning it off and never playing it again. I know it sounds stubborn, but it just wasn't for me. I can't pin point on which part I got up to, but it was in between the first and second dungeon if I recall.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I got past all six palaces (It was a painful experience), but I could never get to the last dungeon. I mean there's so many flying invisible eyeballs and lizards throwing rocks! Why is it so hard to get to?!? I've never gotten to that last dungeon due to the simple challenge of the path that leads there.

DarkLink17

Well then
I've only set foot in the second palace once, and it led to a very quick "game over". I can't even get back to it now, and I don't plan on trying anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom