• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Far Back Can We Go?

I was watching a AVGN Episode about the time line of Zelda. and he mentions in the episode,
" How far back can we possibly go? Maby it will go back as Link and Zelda being the Adam and eve of hyrule, or it will go back to the creation when the only creatures are microscopic , micro Zelda maby they will make that game"
the Video was posted in 2009 and Ironically that's what Nintendo did, Skyward sword were Hyrule at the end is created and link and Zelda Possibly being the Adam and eve of hyrule. but how far back can the Zelda time line go? well posibly Beyond back from skyward sword, after all the beginning of SS talks about a battle and the creation of skyloft,that and the Ruins that covered the lands especially in the lanayru desert that alone can become another prequel, Skyward sword did leave more questions about the back story that left me curious. so how many Prequels can we go back?

We can have as many prequels as Nintendo want. They often don't listen to their own rules. There was a time when A Link to the Past was the crux of the series but now its barely canonical in a timeline that is pretty much a 'what if'. If Zelda re-invents itself anywhere down the line then any game in the franchise could become less canonical and this includes SS, depending on what future releases state.

It did lessen the appeal of SS when we learned of another war in Hyrule's history to do with Demise etc, there is more than enough room there for other incarnations of Link and Zelda there and before hand. Minish Cap (although it wasn't marketed as a prequel) was thought by a lot of people to be the first in the timeline but thanks to SS it isn't which makes the whole 'Link getting his hat first in MC' a bit moot now. Exactly the same could be done with SS but I think Nintendo will wait a while before going with another prequel, though i think another will occur at some point. Zelda's mythology is too much like liquid for any story based element of the franchise to be set in stone, everything is within the realm of possibility.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Microscopic? *gets mental image of an amoeba in a green hat with sword and shield* :lol: That would be going too far...I for one prefer SS to be the origin story. And they wouldnt be Adam and Eve, they werent the only ones of their kind. I'm pretty sure the other residents of Skyloft came down with them eventually.

But...if Nintendo wants to make a prequel, they will and theres nothing we can do about it. I just hope the prequel doesnt involve single celled organisms. -_- Or cavemen for that matter...even though Link in fur robes with a club would be interesting.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I like the fact SS is the earliest story so far, it makes sense, but clearly there is room for there to be more prequels at some point, seeing as there is time travel in SS back to the past. Maybe a game set in Hyrule before Hylia sent the land up that became Skyloft and the surface was forgotten? Maybe the war before OoT will be the focus of the next game. It would definitely flesh out the timeline more seeing as it's mentioned in OoT but not explained much. I do think it will be a while before we see any prequels though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom