• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Excited Are You For SS?

How excited are yyou for Skyward Sword?

• Super excited! I want it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty dang excited, but I can wait.

• Meh, I'll have to be convinced.

• No way in heck I'm buying that trash.

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Self explainatory. How excited are you for SS?

As for me, I'm very excited (so much stuff to be excited for the motion controls, awesome strategic swordplay, classic themes returning, and a whole heck of a lot more) but I can wait. After all, it does seem great so far, but I don't want Nintendo to rush and turn a game that easily could've been the best into the series if it was fleshed out more. I just simply want them to take as much time as they need and make it as good as it can possibly be before releasing it.

Of course, that's just my opinion so how about you? Are you excited? Super excited? Brimming with excitement? Tell me all about it.

Very excited. I'm trying not to think about the actual release of the game but all the other info they're gonna release before it comes out. At least another trailer and more screenshots?

I agree 100% about them not rushing. I'm happy Nintendo pushed the release date to 2011 so the developers don't feel as rushed.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I am also very excited about this game, but I can wait until 2011 for the release. I would rather a game be delayed than come out sooner than it is supposed to.

I'm happy Nintendo pushed the release date to 2011 so the developers don't feel as rushed.

Me too, they should give theirselves as much time as they need so they can get it perfect.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I'm really excited, but I really can wait, there are other games to play and things to do while waiting. Besides, why get a crappy game in 2010 when we can get an awesome game in 2011?
I've never played with wii motion plus, so I'm excited for that. I also hope there will be orchestrated music.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'm super excited and wish I could have it now, but I'll wait for 2011 to get an amazing game. I only want to see one or two more trailers and a little more information and the rest can be a surprise for me(though I'll freak out wanting more news). Excited for every thing:1:1 controls, interesting backstory/plot, new formula, awesome art style, I'll explode on the day they confirm when the release date is.

PS... I should've voted for the last option on the poll, just to see what happens. :xd:. But in truth, I'm just bursting with excitement.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'm pretty excited for SS, but I can definitely wait for it. I'd like to see more from what the game is going to be like before I can really say how excited I am for SS. For the meantime, I am sticking with being pretty excited.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
To be honest, from what I've seen already there are still things that I need to see to convince me that I really want to be excited aout this release. I'm not saying that the game is going to br terrible, I'm just still in the come down of shock from realising that it wasn't going to have the exact same graphics as TP. In reality, I will be excited nearer the release date!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
yeah.. they are going to have to do some convincing to get me to buy it right off the bat, if it really is as good as they say i will get it, no doubt. but if it's lacking or doesn't put all the previous games to shame then I might reconsider and wait a while... I don't even have a wii yet so it will be an investment. although I have to say I am pretty dang excited =)

The people shall one day speak the story of the legendary hero who descended from the heavens, sword held skyward, to cleanse the land and purge it of the darkness that had enveloped it to its very core. And that day will go down in legend. The Legend of Zelda. Anyway, I voted that I'm pretty excited but I can wait. I'll probably look forward to this game more when I can stop looking forward to Metroid: Other M.

W

wintage gaming

Right now they will have do to a pretty good job to get me excited (although it is Nintendo so that will most likely happen.)
There are 4 main reasons I have for not being excited
1. I'M A LEFTY! WHY DOES NINTENDO AND THE WII HATE US SO!?
2. The graphics look...unpolished (I do like the art style though.)
3. I HATE some of the new enemy designs (have you seen those keese?)
4. Zeldavania (link uses a whip.) I know he had one in Spirit Tracks.
I will almost definitely buy this game eventually but I will read reviews first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, we're all waiting for one of the best, if not THE best Zelda titles?

Wow, this seems awfully familiar. If I recall correctly, TP was supposed to be the Zelda title to end all Zelda games too. You know, EVERYONE couldn't wait? And we all know how that turned out...

I understand the after-trailer rush everyone would get, but if at this point you're convinced this'll be the best ever, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. At least until more info gets released anyway.

At first I was super excited, although the 3DS kinda killed that excitement and placed it elsewhere.

Now, I'm just thinking "meh, it's another Zelda game, so I'll enjoy it"

I can't say I see myself putting this game in my top 5 list of my favorites. It will have unique gameplay, but this is looking to be a bad thing for me. I wanted a Zelda game where I can just push a button, which is why I'm leaning towards the handheld titles more. The Wii is an extremely gimmick-y console. Always will be, always has been. It can't really ever have a completely awesome game without some genius saying that it needs motion controls. I can't say I loved a game that emphasized the motion controls as much as SS will. SS is taking motion control to a new level, and that level is up. I want that level to go down, or even better, perhaps be removed from existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom