• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Does Link Survive Icy Regions?

When you were playing Majoras Mask did you ever wonder if Link felt cold when he went to Snowhead? I mean it's bad enough that he still is wearing t-shirt but when he goes there, but he doesn't wear pants! I mean if that were you or me that did that we would probably get frostbite! It would have been nice if Link showed that he was cold such as shivering, or hugging himself to keep warm but no. He just stands there taking it. Man I'm so jealous. So what do you think is keeping Link from getting hypothermia?

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
He is Link. The triforce of courage must be helping him a lot. Also, I don't think Nintendo wanted to make Link change clothes every time he entered a new region...

Well, Link takes a lot of abuse in the games that would probably kill most other people. So I think he's just a lot tougher than your average character in the Zelda universe. Of course he needs to be as the Hero :)

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
In other games, I'm guessing the Triforce of Courage helps a ton, but in Majora's Mask, he doesn't have the Triforce of Courage since he created the timeline split and Ganondorf never got to the Sacred Realm. Maybe the Magic Meter came with a tolerance curve upgrade.

I wonder the same thing. It's like how many degrees and his is not that warm of clothes. Though it is a video game and our logic doesn't always exist.

Link is the Hero of time, pfft he can handle a little cold.. he does have the triforce of courage afterall. c:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
you can last for a few minutes in that sort of cold. i just assumed he was able to find enough warm spots to keep him going or it wasn't THAT cold to kill you in the short amount of time

It would have been nice if Link showed that he was cold such as shivering, or hugging himself to keep warm but no.

Actually, he does do that. Just put the controller down for a little bit and you will see him doing just what you described. As for him not getting hypothermia, he's always moving around being active keeping himself warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom