• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Does Link Get Off of Skyloft and Survive?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
He flies on the Hyrulian Phoenix. As he jumps down a phoenix...the one shown on the crest with the triforce, swoops in and picks him up and takes him to the ground level.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
My theory is unlikely, but plausible.

My theory is that Link does not jump off, but a bird or flying creature comes to get him. There might be other means of transportation in the game, but none that could actually fly and support Links weight. Like Epona, you would be able to call the bird creature from any point (excluding dungeons, caves, etc.). You might also be able to use the bird for transportation such as getting to places you have already been to previously.

I can picture the bird creature having a name like Wingull (Lol got that from a Miazaki film which depicts a messed up bear with a bird friend) or something that sounds like it might fly. I was thinking that it could be possible (if the original plot was not true) that this was the way link got up there in the first place.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I can picture the bird creature having a name like Wingull (Lol got that from a Miazaki film which depicts a messed up bear with a bird friend) or something that sounds like it might fly. I was thinking that it could be possible (if the original plot was not true) that this was the way link got up there in the first place.
Wingull's taken. (Pokémon)
Aonuma said Link was born in Sky Loft. You mean his ancestors?

Even if Link were to land in Lake Hylia, the surface tension of the water would break his jump like concrete. *SPLAT* However we are dealing with Nintendo, so maybe he'll just make a big splash. :P

I like the idea of bird transportation, though. It would be even better if we could fly around on said bird. :D

It is confirmed that the Skyward Sword is what allows him to travel between Skyloft and the land below (probably Hyrule).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It is confirmed that the Skyward Sword is what allows him to travel between Skyloft and the land below (probably Hyrule).
IGN said:
The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands.
1up said:
The thing that leads link into this other land is the Skyward Sword.
gamespot said:
The reason he goes down is in the title--it's the Skyward Sword.
Aonuma said:
The subtitle, Skyward Sword, is really the event that both reveals the land to Link and leads him on his journey and that's the Skyward Sword. So when he gets that, that's the event, again, that reveals where Link needs to go and what he needs to do.
"driving force" and "leads" are both ambiguous. "Reason" means just that. Aonuma seems to imply in his interview that this only occurs the first time he receives it, without mentioning using it to go back and forth. I don't see anything saying it "allows" him to travel.

Did you have a different quote in mind? If you can't find it here, please either PM me or post there so I can add it.

Don't get me wrong -- that's a great theory and probably the best and most supported one out there. Just don't go around saying it's confirmed yet (unless you actually do have a quote).

Last edited:
That link lead to nowere. I like the soud of that, Hylian Pheonix. I wonder why I never wondered what that bird on the crest is. What is it anyway? Is pheonix the canonical term? I remember it being called a Ghialoach once. I doubt there would be a bird who can do that, but I this that is the theory I want the most. I made a theory I think will happen, but I do not want to happen. The skyward sword will turn into the beatle and slowly glide you down. Miyamoto said that the Beatle will fly link. Yet, they have not shown a trace of link using it on himself. It can certianly support his weight despite the theories against it.

Link jumps off a cliff and falls on a badass dragon that is summoned by Skyward Sword Girl, and it breathes hot scary fire and its all badass!

G

Giratiny

Even if Link were to land in Lake Hylia, the surface tension of the water would break his jump like concrete.

Remember that in Twilight Princess the cannon from the City in the Sky shoots him towards the lake and nothing happens to him.

Yes, that would be also my guess, cannons ^^

Kirino

Tatakae
Im pretty sure the Skyward Sword does it.i think the scene at E3 was just to make it look dramatic.

OotLord1003

Young Link
I think it will be a type thing like with Midna;
"Would you like to go down to Hyrule?" Yes-No
"Would you like to go to Skyloft?"Yes-No

M

M-SwordLink

He's survived a lot worse things, and I'm sure the Skyward Sword would somehow slow his descent and protect him from his journey between Skyloft and Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom