• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Does Link Get Off of Skyloft and Survive?

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Uhm, guys, his pants inflate while he is in midair to assure that he'll reach the surface gracefully.

...Sorry. I had to. ;A;

Austin

Austin
Magic. That's my answer.

I don't really think that they need to come up with a sufficiently scientific explanation of how he survives the jump from Skyloft to Hyrule. It's a fantasy game, and therefore will have fantasy explanations. I mean, they may come up with something like Zerudo mentioned where his sword somehow makes him land safely, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he simply landed without any type of explanation. It isn't that big of a deal, to me at least.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
We are talking about Nintendo, people! They can and do give us impossible things, and I don't know about you, but I believe most of them. Want to know why? Cause it's a video game! Anything can happen! Have any of you played the game Banjo Tooie? In the first world, Mayhem Temple, if you jump off the tallest part of the temple, you still survive, only losing ONE honeycomb. Face it. In video games, the impossible is possible. Is that not the reason why we all love them?

Lol all I saw on the forums page was How does Link get off? Anyone get what I mean? I'm sorry for my dirty mind...

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Zenu. A plane? the train was bad enough, but a plane? honestly? sigh. On a brighter note, I do have an interesting idea: maybe the Skyward Sword leads him to this pegasus/deity of horses named Epona. He can fly to safety with her(by the way, Epona was the celtic god of horses...She was named after him...) and all of the horses link gets in other games are in the lineage of this sacred horse. An interesting idea to be sure.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm pretty sure the girl aka the skyward sword is the sole force behind Link's ability to travel between Skyloft and Hyrule, let's make this clear shall we... LINK CANNOT FLY! it's not his power it is the skyward swords power. If anything the sword helps him to fly, that doesn't mean Link can fly... moving on. I believe that he will descend down from skyloft with the girls help (in her person form) and it will be similar to the blue warp points in OoT after dungeons but without the light, and like wise traveling upwards.

I imagine it will look something like this:
http://boba2009.deviantart.com/#/d2s4hzr

perhaps the girl is in hyrule, and uses the Skyward sword to communicate with Link once he gets it. then she could tell him that he needs to come to land to do something, which will in turn, cause him to need to return to Skyloft, and so on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom