• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Does Ganondorf Have the Triforce of Power in TP?

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Ganondorf And His Twilit Triforce

:) Hey Guys, my question/discussion involves how Ganondorf acquires his piece of the Triforce during his execution and role in Twilight Princess.

If my understanding of the Split Timeline is correct, Twilight Princess occurs on the Child Timeline of the split timeline and after Link has informed Zelda and the King of Hyrule of Ganondorf's intentions when he is sent back in time to his childhood at the end of Ocarina Of Time. From what I understand, the Hylian authorities get wise to Ganondorf's intentions before he can accomplish anything, and then get set to execute him at the Arbiter's Grounds by the sages. However, at the Arbiter's Grounds the execution screws up due to his acquisition of the Triforce Of Power and he is instead thrown into the Twilight Realm.

My Question Is: How did Ganondorf acquire the Triforce of Power?

He couldn't have gotten it previously during the child events of Ocarina Of Time as he was intercepted by the Hylian authorities.
When he did acquire it after Link opens up the Door Of Time and Link's sealed for 7 years, does his acquisition of the Triforce somehow transcend timelines? Meaning that if he gets it in the Adult Timeline, does he get in any other alternate version of him, say during the Child Timeline?

Or, was he, Link, and Zelda just born with their respective Triforce pieces? Do they just naturally acquire it or does someone have to touch the Triforce for that to happen? And if so, why didn't he use it to his advantage to take over Hyrule with his band of thieves? Or did he not realise it until too late when he was sealed in the Twilight Realm by the Ancient Sages?

This raises a lot of questions about the dynamics of Triforce acquisition. It's never really elaborated on much in Twilight Princess, just referred to as a "Divine Prank".

Your thoughts....?:O

The triforce exists outside of time and place. In TWW, Ganon still has the Triforce of Power mark on his arm, even thought he does not physicly have it. In OoT, at the end of the game, Young Zelda sees Young Link, if you notice, he has the Triforce of Courage mark on his arm. Which means Ganon's evil spirit still has the triforce, which means his TP form still has it.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
So it's basically option #1, the acquisition of the Triforce transcends timelines.
Therefore, wouldn't that mean that Ganondorf would've already had it before he actually went and got it for himself?
As in, that since future Ganondorf has it, wouldn't past Ganondorf also have it, since the Triforce exists outside of time and space?
Or am I just opening up a Pandora's Box of paradoxed here?

P.S. In the Wind Waker, the boat grabs the Triforce, but then it resets after his wish is granted. Does this acquisition of the Triforce hold different properties to the Split Triforce acquisitions?

Okay, *points to sig*. I have played every zelda game except FS, TWW, and FSA, so I might be a little off. As far as I am concerned, the Ganon from TP is defintly the same person as the Ganon from OoT. The Ganon from TWW, is a bit iffy. I mean, he is a Gerudo, but he is not nessisarely the same person, but just another male born to the race. I think the Triforce goes away temporarely after you wish upon it, but if you jsut use a Peice's Power, Wisdom, or Courage, then it should stay. For example, OoT Zelda uses the Wisdom to turn back into a female (yes, I think the Triforce let her become a Homo....,) but Ganon in ALttP had to look for the Triforce again after he wished to change the Sacred Realm into the Dark World.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yes, Twilight Ganon is the same as Ocarina Ganon.
TWW Ganon is also the Same Ganon from the adult timeline Ocarina Of Time, with his Triforce of Power. This is definitely true as the Wind Waker basically tells the story of how he broke free of the Seal of the 7 Sages, during Adult Ocarina Of Time. So, this one is Parallel to Twilight Ganon. (I haven't even played TWW, =P)
And I also haven't even played ALttP, so no comments.
And in the Wind Waker, the boat wishes everything normal, and then the Triforce disappears.
But before he does that, Link had to search for his TOC shards in the sea or something, which thickens the plot.
If Child Link had the Triforce in MM/TP, but TWW Link found his under the sea (cue little mermaid song) then more question arise....
I think we're digging ourselves into a theoretical hole here.

Well, Link from OoT has no known descenants. Perhaps he never falls in love and mates in the Future, but maybe he did in the past. If Link from OoT is related to Link from TP, then he would have inherited it. But Link from TWW, as Ganon said, has no connection to the Hero of Time, so he needed to find it. But how it got into to the sea is a wonder. My question is, why would someone make a chart about were the fragments of the triforce is, but not take the triforce for his/her self?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
WW Ganondorf is definately the same as OoT Ganondorf, and he also had the ToP from when he was sealed in OoT until the end of WW.
TP Link could have inherited the ToC whether he's HoT's descendent or not. It may have just picked him because he had the same heroic traits as HoT. The reason he didn't have to look for it while HoW did is the same reason Ganondorf got the ToP in TP.

I think one of three things happened:
1. The state of the Triforce is consistent along a line perpendicular to the flow of time, meaning when it splits in OoT's AT it also splits in the CT at the same time.
2. When Link went back in time after defeating Ganondorf in OoT, the ToX saw that he had received the ToC, and 'glitched' itself into thinking that the ToW and ToP must also be distributed.
3. Zelda went to 'check' on the ToX after Link told her about the AT, and she touched it. (Though I don't know how she'd get the ToW after doing a stupid thing like that.)

O

Oceanic

WW Ganondorf is definately the same as OoT Ganondorf, and he also had the ToP from when he was sealed in OoT until the end of WW.
TP Link could have inherited the ToC whether he's HoT's descendent or not. It may have just picked him because he had the same heroic traits as HoT. The reason he didn't have to look for it while HoW did is the same reason Ganondorf got the ToP in TP.

I think one of three things happened:
1. The state of the Triforce is consistent along a line perpendicular to the flow of time, meaning when it splits in OoT's AT it also splits in the CT at the same time.
2. When Link went back in time after defeating Ganondorf in OoT, the ToX saw that he had received the ToC, and 'glitched' itself into thinking that the ToW and ToP must also be distributed.
3. Zelda went to 'check' on the ToX after Link told her about the AT, and she touched it. (Though I don't know how she'd get the ToW after doing a stupid thing like that.)

Totally agree with these guy. He spoke the words right out of my mouth.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
It was never told to us how the Triforce broke on the Child Timeline.

However, after Link was sent back in time in OoT, he went to tell Zelda about what happened. Some people think that Link still has the Triforce of Courage at that point, but... I don't know. At the end scene, he's walking into the courtyard, and Zelda is spying on Ganondorf's alliance with Hyrule. That scene took place before the Triforce was ever touched. If it had been touched at that point, there'd be no need for Ganondorf to swear alliance.

SO, I personally think it's likely that Link was sent back to before the Triforce was touched. According to Aonuma, "It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time." So, maybe this "something outrageous" is an event in which the Triforce was touched by an unbalanced heart. But that's just a thought and nothing more. We were never actually told the details, so all we can do is guess.

I don't recall any text saying the Triforce transcends time... maybe it was said in another context that I did not understand, or maybe I have just forgotten. But I do not remember any such thing being canon.

As for how Link and Zelda have it, the simple answer is that they are chosen by destiny:
"The Triforce...the sacred triangle...it is a balance that weighsthe three forces: Power, Wisdom and Courage. If the heart of theone who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance,that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one'sheart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into threeparts: Power, Wisdom and Courage.

Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce...the part representing the force that one most believes in. If thatone seeks the True Force, that one must acquire the two lost parts.Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the Triforce mark on the backs of their hands."
-Sheik, Ocarina of Time in the Temple of Time

They don't even have to be descendants. They just have to be chosen by destiny. So, their part is simple. The real mystery is the exact event that led to the Triforce being split on the Child Side.

L

legnase

My question is, why would someone make a chart about were the fragments of the triforce is, but not take the triforce for his/her self?
Well maybe whoever made the charts was afraid of the power of the triforce. They didn't want it for themselves but they knew that someone would need it so they wrote down where the tirforce pieces were located and gave the charts to people he/she trusted. These people gave it to their decendants and eventually Tingle aquired all of them

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It was never told to us how the Triforce broke on the Child Timeline.

However, after Link was sent back in time in OoT, he went to tell Zelda about what happened. Some people think that Link still has the Triforce of Courage at that point, but... I don't know. At the end scene, he's walking into the courtyard, and Zelda is spying on Ganondorf's alliance with Hyrule. That scene took place before the Triforce was ever touched. If it had been touched at that point, there'd be no need for Ganondorf to swear alliance.

SO, I personally think it's likely that Link was sent back to before the Triforce was touched. According to Aonuma, "It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time." So, maybe this "something outrageous" is an event in which the Triforce was touched by an unbalanced heart. But that's just a thought and nothing more. We were never actually told the details, so all we can do is guess.

I don't recall any text saying the Triforce transcends time... maybe it was said in another context that I did not understand, or maybe I have just forgotten. But I do not remember any such thing being canon.

As for how Link and Zelda have it, the simple answer is that they are chosen by destiny:
"The Triforce...the sacred triangle...it is a balance that weighsthe three forces: Power, Wisdom and Courage. If the heart of theone who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance,that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one'sheart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into threeparts: Power, Wisdom and Courage.

Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce...the part representing the force that one most believes in. If thatone seeks the True Force, that one must acquire the two lost parts.Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the Triforce mark on the backs of their hands."
-Sheik, Ocarina of Time in the Temple of Time

They don't even have to be descendants. They just have to be chosen by destiny. So, their part is simple. The real mystery is the exact event that led to the Triforce being split on the Child Side.

Hmmmm, he may have still had the ToC. I can see your point that he may not have the ToC after being sent back in time, in that he was basically 'de-aged' 7 years, to a point where the ToC from adult Link had regressed into nothing. Due to the fact that Link wasn't "just plucked in his Adult Form from one timeline into another" but he instead "Regressed through time, sort of like a REWIND of the timeline to a point where the Triforce was never split, and Link had not acquired the ToC.

BASICALLY: Being sent back in time had stripped Link of his ToC.

-OR-

The ToC on Link's hand was able to ENDURE the REWIND of the timeline or "transcend timelines' - (my words, not anyone else's).
This would in-effect result in Child Link retaining the ToC, in a timeline where the Triforce was never touched, and hence split.
As said a few posts above, this may have 'GLITCHED' the Triforce into thinking it's been split, and thus sent out the other Triforce pieces (Power and Wisdom) to their respective persons "chosen by destiny" (Ganondorf/Zelda).

This would allow:
Ganondorf to acquire the Triforce of Power.
Zelda to acquire the Triforce of Wisdom, and possibly, pass it on to her daughters, i.e. TP Zelda
And Link, to pass on his Triforce of Courage to his offspring, WHICH IS ACTUALLY ALMOST CONFIRMED BY THE APPEARANCE OF THE HERO'S SHADE IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS, "these hidden skills do not leave our bloodline" - the Hero's Shade to TP Link (paraphrased of course)
ALL WITHIN THE CHILD TIMELINE

DISCLAIMER: This is all based on speculation of Triforce dynamics or course, and is only gathered from anecdotal evidence that may or may not be significant.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I interpreted that as one-on-one special father son talk between Hero's Shade and Link. I thought it was explicitly implied that they share the same bloodline, am I wrong here? Or is my opinion also valid?

You opinoin may be true, but remember, all of the Link's excluding TWW and ST, are apart of the Hylian Knight bloodline. That is the only other time the bloodline is mentioned that is not about zelda, but still your theory may be true, but I do not think they are one generation apart if they are related, probably like four.

i was very confused the first time i played tp because i couldn't understand how Ganondorf could be executed when he was sealed in the sacred realm. i didn't know that link had told zelda about the attack in oot. the ending is confusing. i think link kept the ToC in him when he went back in time. i think the triforce split in both timelines at the same time because time doesn't mean anything to it. i don't think Ganondorf knew he had the ToP (on the CT) until they were about to put him to death. and the sages didn't know anything about the triforce spliting that's why they called it a "divine prank" because that's what they thought it was. they didn't know about the AT. I heard a nintendo offcial say when tp came out that link in tp was related to the link from oot and that tp took place 100 years after oot. i think that in the CT link passes the ToC to his decedants. and Zelda passes the ToW to her decedants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom