• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Does Ganondorf Have the Triforce of Power in TP?

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
He dosen't have the Triforce. in OoT, the sages say that Link, Zelda, and Ganon were chosen by the gods to wield the triforce. but in Twilight princess, it just says he was chosen by the gods. he probably doesn't have the triforce at all, just the gods power.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
He dosen't have the Triforce. in OoT, the sages say that Link, Zelda, and Ganon were chosen by the gods to wield the triforce. but in Twilight princess, it just says he was chosen by the gods. he probably doesn't have the triforce at all, just the gods power.

Then explain why in the cutscene in TP where Ganondorf escapes execution what the familiar flashing triangle on his hand is.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ganondorf didn't have the ToP but he was chosen like Link and Zelda were. In OoT he abused his power to obtain the Triforce but he didn't obtain the ToP by entering the Sacred Realm. He already had the ToP. So when Link was sent back and told Zelda about what was going to happen everything was changed what would happen in the Future but during that time Ganondorf already had the ToP so this wasn't taken away from him. He was sealed away and when he escaped he didn't have the triforce but still a part of it like Zelda and Link both had as well.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
.....Hmmm.... Wouldn't it be possible for Ganondorf to obtain the Triforce of Power preceding the events of Link being sent back to warn Hyrule of him? The gerudo could launch a full blown invasion of Hyrule Castle town, go through the door of time that link had opened prior to this, and take the triforce from the sacred realm. There is a problem with this if you are against it, Link may have been sent back too far to a point that he didn't obtain the sacred stones and opened the door of time.
Though, it all fits perfectly. If the gerudo did launch such an invasion, Zelda would escape on horse with Impa and give link the ocarina to open the door. So either way, it is possible for him to get the Triforce, and be sent to Arbiters Grounds for the invasion without people knowing he has the triforce. Was that confusing? :sweat:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, Link was sent back to the point when he met Zelda for the first time if I'm correct. After defeating Ganondorf Zelda took the Ocarina back from Link and sent him back. And what we know from the credits was Link going to Zelda like the way he did the first time. But of course this is all theory.

I refuse to believe that the goddesses would flood Hyrule to save it from Ganondorf in one timeline and give the Triforce to him in another. I'm sorry, but I don't think that makes too much sense. And yes, I know of the 'divine prank' statement.

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
Then explain why in the cutscene in TP where Ganondorf escapes execution what the familiar flashing triangle on his hand is.

THats his 'chosen' symbol. at the end of the game, it dissapears, and you don't see the triforce at all. it means the gods forsook him. must have had something to do with the mastersword maybe?

remember: you first see that symbol right when the masked spirit tells you about ganondorf being chosen 'by some perk' or something.

i could be wrong. he was sealed in OoT with the triforce of power. but this (^) is the theory i am with.

Ganondorf didn't have the ToP but he was chosen like Link and Zelda were. In OoT he abused his power to obtain the Triforce but he didn't obtain the ToP by entering the Sacred Realm. He already had the ToP. So when Link was sent back and told Zelda about what was going to happen everything was changed what would happen in the Future but during that time Ganondorf already had the ToP so this wasn't taken away from him. He was sealed away and when he escaped he didn't have the triforce but still a part of it like Zelda and Link both had as well.

Another supporter of my theory!

Pinecove

Last Chance
No, Link was sent back to the point when he met Zelda for the first time if I'm correct.

This is not confirmed and it's entirely possible that Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm in the child ending, however likely or unlikely that is.

This is not confirmed and it's entirely possible that Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm in the child ending, however likely or unlikely that is.
Play OoT again! You see it in the ending. You can't have more confirmation than ingame proof.

Z

zora14

Well, if indeed Twilight Princess follows the child timeline after OoT, this would mean that Ganondorf never got the chance to enter the sacred realm (as Link never has to open the door in the temple of time himself or anything, Ganondorf is basically sealed from the very start once Link is sent back in time to warn Zelda).

So, seeing as to how Ganondorf never got to enter it, he could have never obtained the Triforce of power, yet, assuming it's the same Ganondorf in TP as in OoT, he shows he has the triforce of power on his hand.
Unless he obtained it somehow during the time period between MM and TP, then there is no true explanation as to how he has the triforce of power in TP, unless I'm missing out on some detail?

Plus, the sages say tell the story in which they say that Ganondorf was the leader of a band of thieves that attempted to enter the sacred realm, but does this ever happen following the Child Timeline? Doesn't Link just go to Zelda immediatly, warn her from the very start and prevent any of the further events in OoT from happening?

Well, I think the simple answer is that there is no split timeline and everything fits into one timeline.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Just as a little moderator note, I'm going to merge this thread with the thread entitled "Ganondorf and His Twilit Triforce" which deals with very much the same subject. Both threads are under the title "How Does Ganondorf Have the Triforce of Power in TP?"

E

evilpancakeman

Goro-Link said:
He got his triforce like zelda and link, "one cannot exist without the other" Gannondorf is the only one who can weild the ToP, so if he doesnt have it where is it. Ever heard of the divine prank?

EDIT: also ever watched the movie the time machine "you cant change the future"
Link went to Zelda and told them about it after link went back in time, but Zelda did tell anyone and Gannon ended up doing what he did anyway, but the sages stopped him, thus TP
Its weak but there is a point somewhere in there

*sigh* I'll say it one more time...
I don't understand why so many people are confused about how Ganondorf, as well as Link and Zelda, acquired their Triforce pieces in TP. One word: Destiny. The events of OoT were destined to happen. Ganondorf was destined to touch the Triforce and have it split between Link, Zelda, and himself. That's why Link and Zelda were having dreams of it. It was destiny, a fixed point in time that had to happen. But when Link was sent back in time and Ganondorf was stopped before he was able to touch the Triforce, history was changed. That which was destined to happen did not. So what happened? Divine intervention, or perhaps time itself was compensating for the change in history. However it happened, it happened because it was meant to be. It's not really a complicated concept. (Though, Doctor Who may have helped with that, lol.)

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
Play OoT again! You see it in the ending. You can't have more confirmation than ingame proof.

there isn't any proof.all it shows is link walking up to zelda. that could be at any point in time easily, all you know is it takes place when link is a child. it could even be before link started his "quest" for all you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom