• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Does Ganondorf Have the Triforce of Power in TP?

Actualy, the Link from TP being related to Link from OoT was a removed Beta Element and is no longer relevent to the game. In fact, that proves Link from OoT and TP are unrelated except that they both come from the Hylian Knights. (The same order, not the same family!)

UPDATE: Really? You people deREP me for making a minor typo? You must be filling a huge void in your life huh?

Last edited:

Pinecove

Last Chance
Actualy, the Link from TP being related to Link from OoT was a removed Beta Element and is no longer relevent to the game.

Bull****. Give me where you got this fact right now, without saying "I just heard it somewhere" or making up evidence. Give me actual proof.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Actualy, the Link from TP being related to Link from OoT was a removed Beta Element and is no longer relevent to the game.

I've never heard of this before and I do not think that it is true. The only thing that sounds remotely like this is the theory that the Hero's Shade is OoT Link and that he is TP's link's ancestor. But all that is just a theory, it's not been stated by the creators that that is indeed fact. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread. Personally I think that when Link was sent back in time to before all that happened that he kept the ToC. The same applies for Zelda and Ganondorf. I think that once they acquired them in the AT, that it caused them to possess them in the CT. My reason for thinking this is because at the end of the OoT ending credits, at the part where Link is meeting Zelda again for the first time in that timeline, that it shows the triforce symbol on his hand. Here is the picture showing what I'm talking about. Also, I think that's possible that none of the destined Triforce holders knew about them having them which would explain why Ganondorf didn't use it take over Hyrule when he had the chance.

Last edited:

Pinecove

Last Chance
Anyway, back to the topic of this thread. Personally I think that when Link was sent back in time to before all that happened that he kept the ToC.

Link can't have kept the ToC as it broke apart in the Adult Timeline the minute he went back in time. And if he DID take it back in time there would be no toC on the Adult Timeline.

I think that once they acquired them in the AT, that it caused them to possess them in the CT.

This I can agree with.

Also, I think that's possible that none of the destined Triforce holders knew about them having them which would explain why Ganondorf didn't use it take over Hyrule when he had the chance.

Especially since Ganondorf didn't use the ToP/the ToP wasn't activated until he almost got executed.

Okay, *points to sig*. I have played every zelda game except FS, TWW, and FSA, so I might be a little off. As far as I am concerned, the Ganon from TP is defintly the same person as the Ganon from OoT. The Ganon from TWW, is a bit iffy. I mean, he is a Gerudo, but he is not nessisarely the same person, but just another male born to the race. I think the Triforce goes away temporarely after you wish upon it, but if you jsut use a Peice's Power, Wisdom, or Courage, then it should stay. For example, OoT Zelda uses the Wisdom to turn back into a female (yes, I think the Triforce let her become a Homo....,) but Ganon in ALttP had to look for the Triforce again after he wished to change the Sacred Realm into the Dark World.

just wanted to correct you a little here, i believe that the dark world wasn't a wish from the triforce but only a side effect caused by ganondorf's initial touch. zelda (sheik) tells that the sacred realm is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart. when ganondorf touched the triforce he also tainted the sacred realm with his dark ambition creating the dark world of a link to the past.

I don't understand why so many people are confused about how Ganondorf, as well as Link and Zelda, acquired their Triforce pieces in TP. One word: Destiny. The events of OoT were destined to happen. Ganondorf was destined to touch the Triforce and have it split between Link, Zelda, and himself. That's why Link and Zelda were having dreams of it. It was destiny, a fixed point in time that had to happen. But when Link was sent back in time and Ganondorf was stopped before he was able to touch the Triforce, history was changed. That which was destined to happen did not. So what happened? Divine intervention, or perhaps time itself was compensating for the change in history. However it happened, it happened because it was meant to be. It's not really a complicated concept. (Though, Doctor Who may have helped with that, lol.)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Link can't have kept the ToC as it broke apart in the Adult Timeline the minute he went back in time. And if he DID take it back in time there would be no toC on the Adult Timeline.

Ah, I had forgotten about the ToC breaking in the AT. Thank you for reminding me.*temporary brain malfunction* And with me remembering that, I agree that he couldn't have taken it back with him to the CT because of the reasons you stated, but I believe, like I said in my last post, once he acquired it in the AT, it caused him to possess it in the CT. Also when he went to travel back in time to before all of that occurred, it left the ToC without an owner, thus leading to it breaking apart.

Ah, I had forgotten about the ToC breaking in the AT. Thank you for reminding me.*temporary brain malfunction* And with me remembering that, I agree that he couldn't have taken it back with him to the CT because of the reasons you stated, but I believe, like I said in my last post, once he acquired it in the AT, it caused him to possess it in the CT. Also when he went to travel back in time to before all of that occurred, it left the ToC without an owner, thus leading to it breaking apart.
Maybe he broke it after he went back to the future if he decided to. Or maybe, he was wise enough in the future to figure out that you should break it apart instead of using it. With age comes wisdom.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Maybe the Triforce fragments are distributed (or become able to be obtained) every time the Master Sword (in its full power) is obtained. That might explain why TWW Link goes after the ToC after he restores the Master Sword to full power. This also fits with TP Ganondorf, because as far as I can recall, the first time he transforms into Beast/Giant Blue Boar Ganon (commonly interpreted to require the ToP) in TP is during the final battle. That does allow for a fairly wide berth, however, and probably isn't as strong an example.
This also fits in OoT, as the game quite literally spells out that Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf all get their Triforce fragments when Ganondorf enters the Sacred Realm, shortly after the Master Sword is retrieved. However, the Master Sword being the cause doesn't fit ALttP, so I'm going to guess that the Triforce fragments allocate themselves to their predetermined holders every time a path to the Sacred Realm becomes open. That makes a lot more sense, really, because the Triforce is usually stored in the Sacred Realm, which may or may not be connected to the Master Sword, depending on the game.

Well, if indeed Twilight Princess follows the child timeline after OoT, this would mean that Ganondorf never got the chance to enter the sacred realm (as Link never has to open the door in the temple of time himself or anything, Ganondorf is basically sealed from the very start once Link is sent back in time to warn Zelda).

So, seeing as to how Ganondorf never got to enter it, he could have never obtained the Triforce of power, yet, assuming it's the same Ganondorf in TP as in OoT, he shows he has the triforce of power on his hand.
Unless he obtained it somehow during the time period between MM and TP, then there is no true explanation as to how he has the triforce of power in TP, unless I'm missing out on some detail?

Plus, the sages say tell the story in which they say that Ganondorf was the leader of a band of thieves that attempted to enter the sacred realm, but does this ever happen following the Child Timeline? Doesn't Link just go to Zelda immediatly, warn her from the very start and prevent any of the further events in OoT from happening?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Use search next time.

I think one of three things happened:
1. The state of the Triforce is consistent along a line perpendicular to the flow of time, meaning when it splits in OoT's AT it also splits in the CT at the same time.
2. When Link went back in time after defeating Ganondorf in OoT, the ToX saw that he had received the ToC, and 'glitched' itself into thinking that the ToW and ToP must also be distributed.
3. Zelda went to 'check' on the ToX after Link told her about the AT, and she touched it. (Though I don't know how she'd get the ToW after doing a stupid thing like that.)
If the execution attempt took place very soon after the split (before MM), I think #2 is more likely; if the execution attempt took place exactly 7 years after, then #1 is more likely.

Ganondorf got the ToP during or before the execution.
Ganondorf does try to enter the sacred realm in the CT. We assume this is the "outrageous" thing Aonuma said he did which prompted the trial.

As I posted in another thread like this...
Tyeforce said:
I don't understand why so many people are confused about how Ganondorf, as well as Link and Zelda, acquired their Triforce pieces in TP. One word: Destiny. The events of OoT were destined to happen. Ganondorf was destined to touch the Triforce and have it split between Link, Zelda, and himself. That's why Link and Zelda were having dreams of it. It was destiny, a fixed point in time that had to happen. But when Link was sent back in time and Ganondorf was stopped before he was able to touch the Triforce, history was changed. That which was destined to happen did not. So what happened? Divine intervention, or perhaps time itself was compensating for the change in history. However it happened, it happened because it was meant to be. It's not really a complicated concept. (Though, Doctor Who may have helped with that, lol.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom