• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Does Ganondorf Come Back?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Maybe the Triforce of Power will not allow him to die, as its' sole holder, maybe it regards him as chosen by the Gods, so will not allow him to perish and lose this power.
Just a thoery though.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Triforce of Power grants immortality to it's bearer, wich works for most of the cases.
In FSA he most likely was reborn(A new Ganondorf was birthed a long time after the events of TP, and the Spirit of Ganon, the demon form, possessed it).

In OoX he was ressurrected by the Twin Rova sisters.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ya, but why come back just to get your but kicked again and again?

If you ever played Castlevania and Metroid, for example, you'd know that bad guys always tend to come back.
It's like, trial and error. Maybe one of the attempts will lead them to success, it's what they hope, every time

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
This is kind of a silly topic. Ganondorf has succeeded before in OoT. Link just came back and defeated him. Also, it's not like Ganondorf knows that the 'Hero of Time,' or Link will be reborn every single time. For example, in the story at the very beginning of WW, it tells us of how Ganondorf becomes leader hyrule, and Link does not return to fight him. However, the Godesses interviene.

Maybe, Ganondorf just hopes that there wont be a Link in the generation of Hylians he is attempting to take over. Or, we all know he is pretty arrogant, he probably just assumes Link got lucky all the other times he triumped. Maybe he has hopes that next time Link comes back, the Master Sword will be destroyed. There are so many possible answers to your question.

By playing the games and watching most of the cutscenes, you will notice how he comes back. At the end of OoT, when Ganondof is swirling around, being sent to the evil realm, he says that he will return looking for Link and Zelda's ancestors, "as long as the Triforce of Power is in his hand". The ToP kept him from dying, and allowed him to eventually return in WW.

In TP, Ganondorf's execution is shown during a cutscene where the Sages stab him with a sword. The ToP is shown in that scene to be with him when he seemingly dies, and brings him back.

As for the rest of the games, it is unknown how he returns. Most of the are old and didn't have that kind of information within them. Take ALttP for example. At the time, it was meant to be the prequel to LoZ and AoL, so they didn't need to mention how Ganondorf came back because there was no story of him dying before. But later, OoT was made, which clearly shows Ganondorf being defeated before the events of ALttP. So these are really questions that cannot all be answered, on speculated about. Seeing as how the Triforce of Power has been the only thing proven so far to keep him from dying, most people would believe that it is what keeps him from dying in those older games as well. His presence in LoZ is unknown though, because no one knows how he came back from his defeat in ALttP.

P

Pokekid9

Well,i'd say that all of you got the idea of how he came back,but is he coming back Again after what happened to him in TP?I mean,it looked like he actully died because of his eyes.It's creepy.

Well,i'd say that all of you got the idea of how he came back,but is he coming back Again after what happened to him in TP?I mean,it looked like he actully died because of his eyes.It's creepy.

He definitely comes back after TP, at least depending on how you structure your timeline. But one thing has been confirmed by the developers, and that's this:

...../--WW
OoT
.....\MM--TP

Some say that MC is the earliest game, but that wouldn't make a difference here. Twilight Princess is the next generational title on the Child Timeline after OoT. Most people agree that the older (2D) titles also go on this timeline. So, since TP is where its at, the only place to put them is after it. So yeah, Ganon definitely comes back.

I think that theres more then one Ganon in the Zelda series.
There's the Ganon in OOT who dies in TP on the child timeline, and who dies on the adult timeline in WW.

Then in FSA we get a new Ganon who steals the trident and becomes the pig monster Ganon that we see in the 2-D Zelda games.

Also in some of the Zelda games Ganon gets sealed away insteed of being killed.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
but is he coming back Again after what happened to him in TP?I mean,it looked like he actully died because of his eyes.It's creepy.

Yes, he did die. Ganondorf is dead, and will forever remain dead. I truly believe that what happened at the end of Twilight Princess was Ganon using the Triforce of Power to leave the Ganondorf body. So next time we see him, he will be a more ALttP like Ganon. Intelligent like Ganondorf, but beast like, standing upward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom