• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword How Does Everyone else Dismount Their Loftwing?!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This was kind of inspired by a comment I saw on youtube earlier which made me laugh and also raised an extremely good question which I don't think has been discussed here:

If Link is the only one with the sailcloth, how on earth does everyone else in Skyloft dismount from their Loftwing?

I guess they could just faceplant but they'd hurt themselves wouldn't they? So I was wondering what you guys think... answers on a postcard? :party:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think that everyone else slows their loftbird down to a grinding halt, then dismounts like one would a horse. No other explanation for it, unless we're claiming that Zelda, Groose, and co. are really ugly due to constant faceplants.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think that everyone else slows their loftbird down to a grinding halt, then dismounts like one would a horse. No other explanation for it, unless we're claiming that Zelda, Groose, and co. are really ugly due to constant faceplants.

I like the faceplant theory more!!

Sheik

:the:
All the others' Loftwings flutter gently to the ground. Except for Link's. Link's Loftwing probably lacks depth perception, which is why it can't land correctly.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
Why does Link jump of? Because it looks awesome! During game play I was able to get close enough to the ground that I jumped off and rolled. So I guess some else that wanted to look cool like Link could do it. Honestly tough, I'm sure they would just slow down the bird and land on the ground, Zelda did it a few times during the intro.

N

NWDekuTree

I'd just aim for the water falls pool and do a sweet cannon ball off my loftwing, but I guess I'm just a hard *** like that.... :chuck:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I would assume that while riding towards Skyloft, the Loftwings would slowly decrease speed and altitude, and then land on the floating island to allow their rider off. I do like your faceplant theory though. ^^

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I'd just aim for the water falls pool and do a sweet cannon ball off my loftwing, but I guess I'm just a hard *** like that.... :chuck:
LOL me too! I have OCs(original characters) who do that all the time. They're twin knight students, and they love having flying contests and etc. They launch into the water from the air and see who makes the biggest splash, they see who can do the most loop de loops without throwing up, they have races...

Yeah. Was wondering why this thread was still being posted in. Saw that and had to comment.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I'd probably faceplant :xd:

But I think everybody else just slows down enough to land, so that they can dismount safely. Link's just awesome, so he can do it from a hundred feet up :cool:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think they either land and dismount (slide off) like a rider dismounting a horse, or, quite possibly, they all have sailcloths, and Link's sailcloth is just a very special sailcloth with the fancy design given to him in a ceremony and possibly made from special materials. I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom