• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Do You Usually Call 'your' Link?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I always found the point of view Nintendo has on the Zelda universe quite interesting. Nintendo wants you to think that you are the hero that is experiencing the game. To support this, you get to name Link. In Twilight Princess you even got to name your own horse. I always go with Link, but I suspect that many people use different names. Do you use your own name? Or do you pick something funny. For example, in the Pokémon games I normally think of something funny for my rival, like Arseface or something like that.

So, what do you do?

I usually call him Link, and sometimes LINK!. I'm too lazy (and indifferent) to call him anything else.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I always just stick with Link. To me, it's not about "me" becoming the hero, rather me living vicariously through this symbol of heroism that I call "Link". My name is irrelevant to me when I play Zelda and it just feels wrong. I become Link, I don't push my personal identity into Link's character if that makes sense.

I always just stick with Link. To me, it's not about "me" becoming the hero, rather me living vicariously through this symbol of heroism that I call "Link". My name is irrelevant to me when I play Zelda and it just feels wrong. I become Link, I don't push my personal identity into Link's character if that makes sense.

I'm the same way. I still stick with Link because that's his real name.

Sheik

:the:
This is the way I think about it:

Link isn't me, I am Link.

...Besides, I'm so used to knowing him as Link, it would feel very off to have him called by another name.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Whoa...am I, like, the only person who names Link?

I used to call him Roy a lot, cause my sister made a file named Roy on TP, and she eventually bailed on that file. At this point, I took over and named them Roy for a while afterwards. Nowadays, though, I use "Ben" (my real name). I enjoy it a lot better, especially whenever my friend barges in on me playing and starts reading the dialogue and says "O brave Ben..."

I tend to stick with "Link." Sometimes I'll name him something gimpy or silly on one of the other profiles, though.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When I was a little widget, I used to name Link after myself. Which was really weird because I'm a girl. But once I learned that this green kid had a name all his own, I started calling him Link. Recently I've started playing around with it again, calling him Xer once in OoT and calling him Dagger in WW (that one was VERY amusing), but most of the time I stick with Link.

But my dad. My DAD ALWAYS insists on naming Link the EXACT. SAME. THING.

DADDY, in ALL CAPS. HE NEVER EVEN WRITES IT NORMALLY, IT'S ALWAYS ALL CAPS.

Now you see where I get it from? ^^

Salem

SICK
Usually I name Link after myself. Sometimes I think of something funny to name him.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I named him after my real name the first time I played a Zelda game, but that's only because I didn't know that's what they would call him, and I was too young to care at the time. Nowadays, I just name him Link. Anything else just doesn't feel right to me.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Story time

There's a teacher at our school that gives everyone fake names, like contrary to their real one, I honestly can't remember why, but she just does. She named everyone in one class after Spongebob characters. My brother's Gary :P Anyways, my name is Tyndale. Named after William Tyndale, if you don't know who he is, look him up. So my name from her is Tyndale. And I go by that everywhere. If I had made my account here more recent than I did, my name would've been "43Tyndale." So... I always name my character Tyndale. All day air day

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom