• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Use Your Master Ball?

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I'll normally try to save it for a shiny, but sometimes I use it on a legendary. I normally try too use a normal ball on a legendary, I especially try to catch legendaries with plain old pokeballs

Night Owl

~Momentai
I've never known what to use it on. So I always save it trying to find the ultimate pokemon I feel worth catching with it.

I keep finding that regular pokeballs seem more effective at catching pokemon than great or ultra balls. I recently caught Ho-oh in Heartgold- after wasting tens of thousands of pokedollars worth of various pokeballs and health items- and I caught it with a regular pokeball.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I use my Master Ball on the most powerful legendary of the game (e.g. Mewtwo in R/B/Y, Ho-Oh/Lugia in G/S/C, Rayquaza in R/S/E, and Arceus in D/P/Pt.). For the legendaries you have to fight as part of the plot, like Dialga/Palkia, and Groudon and Kyogre, I catch them normally. Also because they typically have more awesome music than the other legendaries, it gives me a chance to listen.

i dont. i always save them for if i ever find a shiny legendary or something. i will even use a wobbufett to catch lati@s and the legendary dogs with ultra balls

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I save it, and end up never using it. I do this with Rare Candies too. I just can't bring myself to use them because then it's like..oh well I don't have anymore now.

ohh yeah. for some reason i would never be able to finish the games, but i always saved the Master Ball for MEWTWO!

I usually end up not using the Master Ball because I'm too stubborn to quit trying to catch something once I've started. (It'd be like, "Okay, if I waste another Ultra Ball on this thing, I'll just use the Master Ball . . . NO, I CAN'T, I WON'T ALLOW MYSELF, RESET TIME." And I eventually catch it, most of the time.) Sometimes I'm just replaying a game for fun and I use it on the 'boss Pokémon' to get it over with or something.

I used to use them all the time as a kid but as time went on and my skills got better for catching pokemon (up+:cool: I quit using them. For example, in my copy of White version, I caught every legendary with a pokeball and it wasn't even that hard. I caught Zekrom with one shot. Only Victini was the one I caught with a great ball because I ran out of pokeballs. The only time I can really remember using a masterball after the game was through was when I was playing Leafgreen version and I ran into a wild Raikou! And of course I just had to catch it so I used my masterball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom