• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Treat People You Dislike?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So it happens to everybody once in a while. Even on the internet :P You meet people and there are some you don't like. How do you treat them? How do you treat people you dislike on the internet even when they have not really done anything to you? Do you treat them nice, neutral or do you snap their heads off?
Also; how do you treat people you dislike and who did hurt you? Even if it was a long time back or recently. How do you treat them? Do you let them know you dislike them or are you like you don'[t let them know?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
We surely feel hurt when hurt, but screw it, the internet is the internet, no whining here. I move on, simple as that, and let them move on. Live and let live.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I swear I made this same thread before ;p you shoulda put a disclaimer just incase ;p

Ehm it really depends, do I meet with this person often? If I meet with them often, I usually try to find some kind of common ground so we can at least laugh. Laughing with someone you despise is better than just despising them; I think hatred and dislike really clouds people to the core ya dig.

But iff I don't meet them often, I typically act an *** to them. Always meana nd jerky. I know, it isn't the best attitude but hey, I don't meet with them often so what does it matter?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm typically nice to people even if I don't like them. Rather, to put it another way, I'm not mean or rude to them. If I dislike someone, I try to avoid interacting with them. If that can't be done, I talk to them normally, but with short, insipid sentences. I don't really believe in acting rude to people just because I dislike them. This is how I act towards people I don't like both offline and online.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Depends...in real life, I usually ignore them. If they're annoying online, I try to call them out early. If I really don't like them online, I become a sadistic troll that exists to make their live a living hell until they improve themselves to a standard I deem acceptable or leave the site. ...But don't worry, none of you are even close to that. XD

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I usually ignore them. If I don't I usually attack them for no reason and then feel bad afterwards...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I usually just ignore them. No matter what, if I try to say something nice to people I dislike, it always comes out mean. So, I generally just don't say anything.

ILU

i luv u
If I dislike somebody on the internet, I usually ignore them. They can't stand it. XD

As for real life one guy I know was constantly picking on me for my appearance, making fun of my face, my hair, my clothes, my stature, etc. Always. Every day. I waited to say something until he was doing it when a lot of people were around, and then when he said something mean, I asked him aloud why he was so obsessed with my appearance when he didn't even know me more than two weeks. "I don't know you, and I don't care about your opinion. Why are you obsessively stalking me every day?" He didn't really have anything to say back, and everyone staring at him didn't help his case. He's been nice to me ever since. So, I do stuff like that. Turning the situation around on them and letting them make fools of themselves is better than being confrontational.

Last edited:

DarkLink17

Well then
If it were real life, I would either ignore them or try to drop a hint that I dislike them. On the internet, I'd usually just leave the page, forum, chat, etc. until they leave.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I treat the people who I dislike as the same as the people who I like, but rather, I would just rarely hangout with them. I won't interact with them a lot. Even though they wound me, hurt me or annoy me, I wouldn't treat them like that, I would just let them off or try to make a short conversation and not making it really long. Either in real life or internet life, I would just treat them like that.

Dan

Let's start with the most important aspect first, REAL LIFEZ (Picture electricity sparking from those words)
So firstly I like anyone that isn't a ******bag towards me, I can get on with them, but if they are then I try to see if I can sort the issue out, if it's for instance at work there are more complications and I'll need to make sure I don't fall out with people I work with, that can be annoying. If it comes to "friends" a word might I add tossed around and labeled to the wrong people so much these days may I add, then I'm going to simply get out of their life's, it's not worth it, people you call friends should behave in certain ways towards you simply as that, you shouldn't fool yourself.

As for the most important element on this entire planet the internet.
The internet certainly aids us in finding others with common interests, not to mention we can get a grasp of what kind of person they may be after seeing some of their posts, shouts, or instant messages. Choosing our "friends" make shizzle a wee bit easier. Regardless it also means that it's harder to judge who people truly are. Often if someone is negative towards me then I'll simply block them but remain civil towards them.

How do you treat them? Do you let them know you dislike them or are you like you don'[t let them know?
I don't dislike them per say, I'm merely protecting them and myself from their naive actions towards me ;)

Of course there are sadly times where I have ignored this and been a bit mean, but for the most part I'm good.

I think I get along with most people. I'm friendly and love to talk, lol. I always give people chances and I am pretty forgiving. But, if a person keeps blowing it with me, then I usually write them off.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I'll always act civil. Pointless saying anything since you're probably just lowering yourself to their level and causing a needless bout of drama, and especially if its a group of friends since it'll mess with the dynamic, and I just ignore them. Try and ignore them, if they talk to me just nod and maybe smile if they laugh. I've only been like "Oh just **** off" a few times and that's only if I'm in a bit of a bad mood. :P

Usually I'll just tell my other friends I don't like them and they'll keep me away from 'em.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I try not to dislike people, but sometimes people can get on my nerves. The only person I actually get angry at and let them know is my little brother…poor him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom