• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Think?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
What I mean by this is, how are your thoughts phrased? Do you think in pictures, words, concepts, numbers, etc?

I myself think in words. Everything I think is in the past tense, and phrased as if I was talking to somebody. Sometimes I talk about myself through someone else's perspective, sometimes I talk like I'm being interviewed, and sometimes I talk like I'm carrying on a conversation.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I think in many ways. It really all depends on what I'm thinking about.

I'd say I use everything to think. Everything. (pictures, words, concepts, numbers, etc..)
Though, obviously not all at once.

I can smell and taste words, sounds, and abstract phonal concepts. I can speak multiple languages, albeit not fluently. I can create [what I like to see as] an original character in an instant. I tend to count everything I see. I like to commit various lists to memory. I tend overanalyze every situation I'm in and try to plan for any potential contingencies. I also tend to mentally profile people in numerous ways (no, not gender or racial profiling). My imagination frightens me, so much so, that I once believed that I inherited schizophrenia from a recent ancestor.

I'll let you try to figure it out, because I have no idea.

D

Deleted member 14134

I think only using numbers. A word has never crossed my mind.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It all depends on the situation.

I like to imagine future situations and play them out in my head, so that would be more visually and conceptual. In fact I'd say most of the time I tend to visualise things, I have a very creative imagination and tend to come up with some pretty wild ideas and concepts. This is one of the reasons why I'm so interested in business - more specifically innovation and the creative process. I'd say I'm more of an outside the box thinker.

I tend to think in numbers quite a lot too. I'm pretty fast and efficient at working things out in my head rather than dwindling on something or grabbing a calculator. Now that I think about it, I rarely, if ever, think in words (I'm not sure if this is abnormal or not).

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I tend to think that if anybody, INCLUDING ME, ever could understand and comprehend the way I think, their mind would explode...

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I am a pictoral thinker. If one were to talk about chicken, I would imagine a grilled drumstick before taste, touch, scent, and sound come into my mind. When I think in words, I usually have a little side movie to go along with it. Even when I'm in math class and don't feel like getting a calculator, I visualize the expressions and equations in the air and just work from there.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Hmm, interesting question. I normally think in words, but very often images come along with it. Like, sometimes I'll just think sentences or songs or things out and my mind's eye will be a black void. Other times, usually when I'm talking to my 'other voices', aka my characters, they're just show up in the black void and start talking to me. But when I'm imagining scenes or places, I see them in my head, like it's another plane of existence I can just jump to, where I'm someone else entirely and am experiencing completely different things. Sometimes I actually have to force my mind's eye to match my physical surroundings just so I can feel myself again, and not feel awkward about picking my nose or something.

I know, I'm weird.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I think in words, sometimes with specific voices attached. And I actually think a lot in English, even though Norwegian is my primary language.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Like a few people, it does depend on the situation and what factors may be present, in most cases I'll think using words, sometimes along multiple different wavelengths mind you since there may be multiple ways to approach something, but in other occasional situations I will also think through numbers or images. Trying to determine how much something may cost, trying to envision how something will work out and what I will do before anything is done, these are some examples of the less common cases where I will use these other though processes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom