• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you think BOTW2’s darker themes will expand on ideas from the first?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
That’s basically it. How do you think the ideas introduced in the first BOTW will be adapted to the darker tone? More/different enemies? Creepier/cooler dungeons? What would you like to see?
Note: I don’t just mean new things, just how Nintendo will change the theme of the game.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I would love to see BOTW 2 have a darker tone than the first. The trailer seems darker, and I think it would fit the theme.

Darker Enemies for one. TP had darker enemies, so enemies kinda like that may be good. More ghoulish monsters would work well. Monster are a big part of Zelda, so I hope they make them good. Maybe making the monsters have darker tones to them, especially for the monsters in the caves. Hiding in there would make them have big eyes, (to be able to see in the pitch black darkness of the caves) and purple/gray/black colors would work, to blend in. And then add some lime green, and you got a good monster.

I'd definitely add some new enemies, especially those terrifying concepts of the Guardians from Creating a Champion.

(these guys)
cd6.png

As for what already exists though...

I kind of think the overworld will be heavily changed by perhaps things rising from underground.
This could let Aonuma put huge holes in the world where dangerous and scary enemies (like poes and redheads, bubbles and gibdos etc) could pour out of and fill the overworld.

Some of the things rising from below could be long forgotten dungeons (perhaps created by the Zonai) and they could be full of creepy things like how the Shadow Temple in Ocarina was a Torture chamber or the Arbiter's Grounds in TP was a place of execution.

I'm of the opinion that were was nothing really creepy or scary in BotW at all, but the trailer for BotW2 proves the style can be both, it's just up to Aonuma to have some really good ideas for it.

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I really wonder if the story is gonna be darker as well, and what kind of themes it will bring up. I hope it touches on some interesting themes like exploring Hyrule's dark past or maybe some more psychological aspects as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom