• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Study?

I dont. (Lol, actually, usually I don't have to study, I have a bit of a photographic memory, which I guess helps out.) :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I truthfully don't study much at all. I feel that studying--and taking tests--are useless ventures that society has attempted to ingrain into the youths' minds.

Well, it hasn't worked for me, and I won't be swayed.

On the offchance that I DO study, all I do is skim my notes for like five seconds and go off from there. If I pass, sweet! If I fail...well I haven't actually failed a test in the past four years. xD

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Meh, I just do all my stuff the day before my deadline. Even tests, I've never had problems getting information jammed in my head so I hardly have to even literally study. I mainly just refresh my memory to be able to write down stuff faster on a test. Of course this doesn't work for essays that I actually have to write and hand in, but almost the same applies there. I already have the information I need and just postpone all my stuff to the last day/week and then just go bananas on my Microsoft Word typing everything that runs through my head and clean it up / edit later on and never get stuck anywhere.

People usually think I'd be hovering above the F or E with my lazy efforts put in but quite the contrary actually, I've aced about half my grades with the rest hovering just above a C. Just like most of my other classmates, the only difference is that I maybe put in 2 hours of reading/doing homework every week while they are "swarmed" with stuff to do the entire week putting them at maybe 12 hours.

Meh, I see it as a gift and not a curse of "laziness" like some would see it. I get above decent grades with hardly any effort, that's just awesome! ;)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I usually don't study. I tend to remember things pretty well. I have always been this way. I can remember being in elementary and getting A + on my spelling pre-tests and not having to take the actual test. It has been because of this that my step-dad says I am smarter than my broyher.

When I do study, I make flash cards. I have made a chart before. I usually only do this for Spanish though.

P

philliespro

study what is that? lol nah but i hardly study if i do study i go on youtube for physics and math equations i have trouble doing and take notes on it

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
In high school I didn't study much with a few exceptions... In AP Euro we had to learn a lot on our own. Chemistry had too many bits to just passively absorb. My AP English teacher required us to do literary criticism research and incorporate it into exam answers. Spanish was too full of verbs and vocab to just try to skate through. The how was a bit tricky.... i don't remember. it was a long time ago.

University was different. I was taking a senior level history class my freshman year, which was also had older students taking the course for their graduate degrees so the expectations were significantly higher than what I was accustomed to. The techniques i developed to reorganize notes and synthesize what I read became the framework for how I teach.

octorok74

TETTAC
Studying is that thing you do before tests, right? Yeah, I haven't done that since I graduated grade school. I do better on tests if I don't study. I retain more knowledge. Except when it comes to math. Nothing can prepare me for math tests.

Kirino

Tatakae
Study? I don't study. I don't really need to. I always get 95-105 in all of my classes and tests anyways.

Rachel

be vigitant
I usually take a break when I get home from school before getting started. For everything besides foreign language I read over the notes, homework, and textbook, and maybe see if I can find a quiz online on the subject. I take detailed notes in class and on textbook readings and read them over several times. As for foreign language, it's all about memorization and practice, practice, practice, usually with a wall.

Walls are quite friendly and nonjudgmental, I'd highly recommend them as study partners :)

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
With a bottle of Jack Daniels.

But seriously, I don't study too much. I retain much of what I learn the first time around. Study-time for me usually consists of writing papers and reading the source material.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I put on some music. and go over the chapters, I do that by doing the little assignments and chapter reviews in the book. after that i'm pretty prepared for a test and I can pass with ease.. I'm just a good test taker lol.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm not one to study at all, but I don't have a great memory either. When I try to study, I only do so for about 5 minutes. I was always told that you could remember things easier if they were written in red ink. Surprisingly, I found this to be very useful on several exams, tests, and quizzes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom