• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you show appreciation toward someone?

Dan

Hey forum dwellers Dan here with another pressing issue.

I'm at the hospital today but as usual the Doctors are running 2 weeks late meaning I have to sit in this waiting room for a while. Thoughts of my loved ones mostly my dog, friends and ZD forum dwellers cross my mind.

So I'm bi-curious how exactly do you show your appreciation to the people above?
Are there right and wrong ways of doing it? I know some people here think of threads like the appreciation thread as a little silly, somewhat fake and sappy, what are your thoughts on that?

I personally go by the motto "show through actions don't tell" when it comes to appreciation. Words can be cheap and not always true, although same can be said with actions but more effort has to be put into our actions if that's the case.

What are your thoughts on all this forum dweller?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I lick their cluster holes. I'm bicurious as to why you decided to go to the hospital and not lick them yourself?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I all seriousness, I just show appreciate by doing whatever I can to help them when they need help. So if someone helps me in a time of need, I'll help them in their time of need. I'd probably help someone if they needed help even if they never helped me before, but that's besides the point.

With a non-serious answer, I will one day pardon them from execution once I take over the world and begin to slaughter anyone I deem unnecessary to my legion of meme-based soldiers. Instead of firearms, they'll use submachine puns (Get it? Because it's a pun itself? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!1!!!)

Reactions: Dan

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It depends on the person, if it's family I usually tell them to shut up (it's a le random quirky xDDD thing, #don'tjudgeme). If it's friends, I give a whack handshake and say thank you. If it's a stranger, it's usually just a quick thank you.

But even though I yell at my family, they know I would do anything for them. deus vult brothers

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I have trouble showing appreciation for people, but every once in a while I'll show my gratitude for them. Usually just a sentence is enough, since I'm not incredibly expressive about those things usually.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I show my appreciation by giving them my banknumber. They can pay me for appreciate them afterwards. I accept cash too so @Dan you got my banking number.

Nah, just kidding. If I appreciate someone I tell them straight. It can be the small things. One of the members on here sent me a very nice and classy pm a few days ago. They didn't have to do it but I appreciated they did. And I told the member I appreciated it. I do this in real life too. When I respect or appreciate what someone does, I'll tell them.

Dan

I show my appreciation by giving them my banknumber. They can pay me for appreciate them afterwards. I accept cash too so @Dan you got my banking number.

Nah, just kidding. If I appreciate someone I tell them straight. It can be the small things. One of the members on here sent me a very nice and classy pm a few days ago. They didn't have to do it but I appreciated they did. And I told the member I appreciated it. I do this in real life too. When I respect or appreciate what someone does, I'll tell them.

I sent you the cash for that marijuana the other day, I'll have the rest of the money by next week I swear!

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Show something they recognize as appreciation. Typically I invest lots of time in people I care about, and if they're very special I'll usually give them something.

Feverish

Source of stink
I usually say thanks, but I get worried when I do. I try not to have friends or family do something for me, I usually try to do what I can for them. Saying thank you to something means that I made them have to do effort for me and then I feel bad

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
(seeing as you're at a hospital, Dan, I hope everything is okay! <3 )

Showing appreciation, eh? I like to be explicit in both word and action; a mix of both, or one or the other, depending on circumstances. Sometimes a simple thank you/this is wonderful, or just the reminder of "I love you!" is what's called for at times, and others, an act of selfless kindness/thankfulness is better suited to conveying how I feel.

When I'm showing appreciation through actions, sometimes it'll include things like, say, me drawing them a comic or making the other person some form of art because my creativity/artistic side is extremely personal for me; it makes up a fair chunk of who I am as a person. So if any point someone gets some sort of artsy gift from me, that's a huge deal and me saying very loudly that I-think-you're-amazing. Other ways include dropping everything I'm doing in a heartbeat if the other person needs me; you're first because you've put me first and you are 100% worth it.

Through word, sometimes when someone has done something great for the benefit of others but it's not known, I might issue my thank you in a public space. This isn't just for them--it's to let others know, also, that what you're currently doing and enjoying has come from the hard work of another, and that should be acknowledged. I am careful with this, though, since some people don't like that sort of spotlight, but if I can get away with highlighting someone's achievements and dedication for all to see so that they receive the recognition they deserve, you bet your ass I'm gonna do it.

Even with the above, chances are I'm gonna do a personal and direct thank you-type talk with the other person.

Being thanked and appreciated is something I value very dearly. In fact, in my closet I have a box where I keep thank you gifts and letters and cards and photos etc. etc., and on my laptop, I have folder that's filled with hundreds of sketches and poems and graphics etc. etc, from people who've shown their appreciation to me in some manner. I keep everything. It's also a reminder to me that others have gone out of their way to show their thankfulness and love, and keeps me on my toes in doing the same (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom