• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Do You Pronounce Gerudo?

How do you pronounce Gerudo?

• "Gherudo"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Jerudo"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always said Guh-Roo-Do. It's interesting to see/hear how people pronounce different things from the LoZ series.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Ger-ew-dough. I didn't think it was pronounced differently...

b-405728-interesting_cat.jpg

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
I pronounce it "Jerudo"... Although after reading this thread, might change my habit. I wish there was an official canon way to pronounce stuff. (For example, I'm not sure where to put the accent in "Saria" - I think it's on the first A, but I've heard people put it on the I; or how do you pronounce Hylia - Heyelia or Heelia, and is it HYlia or HylIa (accent)?)

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Jir-oo-doh. Woah, I'm in the minority?? That's news to me . . . there are a few words that I KNOW that I'm in the minority on pronunciations, but this was NOT one of them.

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's ironic how much the internet has changed things. In the olden days, we would all have spoken to each other face-to-face or over the phone. Now we just talk to each other over text, and we actually don't know how anyone pronounces the words they write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom