• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Prefer to Complete Zelda Games?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Normally, my first run is for playing causally, finding secrets and trying to complete the game as fully as possible on my own. My next gamr is normally with a walkthrough and aiming for a 100%walkthrough. The final game is normally for a challenge. I'm currently doing a Rupee challenge in Ocarina of Time in which I must purchase all my supplie, except recovery hearts.

On my first play through I'll almost always try to see and do everything available. On subsequent plays however I usually just go from dungeon to dungeon to see the story again. I've done a few 3 Heart Challenges as well.

seems i am with the majoity, I play it through for fun without using a guide.

I have never tried three heart challenge. I think its because I end up accidently getting a piece of heart (which leads to at least 4) then I get an extra heart and so I just gave up on trying to do that.

MW7

I do several of the things you mentioned. I generally try for 100% on my first playthrough then just play the parts I enjoy on the second playthrough (for instance in Majora's Mask my second playthrough was still a 100% run but for Skyward Sword I neglected the Goddess Cubes on my second playthrough). After I become too familar with a game I start trying for minimalist runs if there's enough to skip to make it worthwhile. Then if I really am desperate for a challenge I'll speed run a game.

I complete them by just going through the game, and doing a little extra things on the way, if i wanna get everything i go back through and find stuff. but other then that i casually play.

I mainly just play a Zelda game casualy. I just can't be bothered to 100% a Zelda Game unless I'm really bored. I only go a bit extra if there is a sidequest Item that I really like to have (e.g. Biggoron Sword in Ocarina of Time, etc.).

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first time I go for the game itself and explore things but don't try to beat it 100%. I first want to beat the game. The times after I usually do all sidequests etc and try to beat it 100%

depends on which game im playing. most of them i like to do a complete 100% of the game however some im just satisfied with completing the game

My first run through, I like to just play. Explore what I can, get what I find, do things my own way, get distracted by random sidequests if I feel like it.
The second time, I like to use walkthroughs if I have to in order to 100% it.
The third time, I like to see how fast I can do it in. No sidequests, do what I HAVE to, and beat it in the smallest amount of time over the fewest number of days possible.
Any time after that, I play however I feel like, a lot of times with nostalgia and with forgetting that I have to talk to certain people to make them let me do things XD
I've yet to do a 3 heart challenge, but I feel like I should...I kinda also wanna do the OoT Uber Challenge<3

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I like to try for the 100% but if a part annoys me and is unneeded I tend to cut it out and move on. So I am more of a 80% person. I really do try for that 100 though. It's just not achievable sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom