• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Prefer to Complete Zelda Games?

How do you beat Zelda games? Do you prefer to 100% complete them? Or are you more of a "3 Heart Challenge" type of guy? Do you have the most fun by doing a Speed Run? Or do you like to just go through the game casually without doing anything extra? Or do you like completing Zelda games a different way? Comment away!

N

NoahTheNinNerd

I do them all. 3 heart runs, speed runs, I have to do EVERYTHING in a Zelda game to get all it has to offer. :D
I also LOVE racing Zelda games with friends from YouTube. Lots of fun times.

The first time I play a Zelda game I just play it casually in order to complete the main quest ad don't tend to dig into the sidequests and find all the secrets the world has to offer. On subsequent runs, I attempt to do a 100% run. I have never done a three heart run before although I am strongly considering it for Ocarina of Time since I'm familiar with that game's world and the title is not overly difficult.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I don't normally beat them any special way...I just beat them. Yes I will collect as many items as I can, but I never make it a priority to collect every single heart piece. I just recently started a 3 heart challenge with the Wind Waker, so if I find it enjoyable I will probably do it for the rest. Speed runs are not really my thing for video games (except for Super Mario Land 2...I played that game way too much as a child) they don't let you focus on the game because you're just trying to go as fast as possible. Also I'm pretty bad at speed runs so that's probably why...lol

I usually play them through once casually just finishing the game and collecting or completing any side quests i come across, then the second time i aim for 100% completion.

Usually I like to just stick to the main quests the first time i play.. because i get too excited about the storyline :p
but second and third time around i dont mind doing extra stuff, it just depends on my mood. :3

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I like to do a blind play through the first time. Guides make it less personal and not as epic for me.
Then if I liked the game (Which I always do :P) I play through it with a guide for 100%

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I like to 100% complete them myself. I'm not big on doing challenges or really even glitches at that. I like playing the game it's supposed to be played.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
First times I focus mainly on story, but also explore a little bit to see if there are any sidequests.
Second times I 100%
All times after that I do most of the sidequests but skip all the ones I don't like.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I like to get 100% of everything and then I keep two separate save files, one that is right beofre the final dungeon where an epic movie scne usually takes place (So that I can go back and play that part again) and the other is right at the final boss.

The first time I play through I like to try and discover everything for myself. I don't use guides (unless I get really ridiculously lost) and the only secrets I discover are the ones I stumble across naturally. If I discover secrets I find it more rewarding this way :)
But if I play through again I'll use a guide from ZD and try to 100% the game.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
first time I mainly go for the story. I explore as much as i can but i won't go for 100% or anything like that. I don't use a guide unless i'm really stuck and even then i would need to be really stuck for a while before i use a guide. After the first run i'll look at guides for side quests and stuff i missed but i generally don't go for 100% completions until i've completed it a few times

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom