• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Play New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

How do you play NSMBW?

• I use the sideways Wii remote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like using the Wii remote and the nunchuck.

• It varies. I will use either one.

• Total voters

bellum

Gamer since age 2
There are two ways to play New Super Mario Bros Wii: With the sideways Wii remote or the Wii remote and the nunchuck. I want to know which way you play this game. I'll add a poll to this thread also.

I completed the game for the first time with the sideways Wii remote, which I found to be very enjoyable. Now I've decided to play with the Wii remote and the nunchuck, which feels much better when I play the game(In my opinion of course.)

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Sideways. I dunno, I never tried the nunchuck with it. I think it's perfectly fine sideways, but I cant stop failing :D

Linky

King of Twilight
Eh? I didn't even know you could play with Wii-Mote nunchuck, but I would use sideways anyways, using nunchuck wii-mote just doesn't seem right unless it's a 3D game like a fighter, or shooter

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I don't prefer the game, but I enjoy holding the Wii Remote sideways.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I didn't even know you could use the Nunchuck until just a couple of weeks ago. And although I haven't actually used it yet, I like not using it, because it's more Nostalgic that way. It's very much like the NES controller, and seeing how this game is very much like the NES games, I think it fits. :P

Steve

5/19/13
I use the Wiimote alone, but with those controller shells mad specifically for the game, which I got for Christmas. I've yet to use the Nunchuk, but first I need to convince myself to actually go back and play the game.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I always have the wii remote side ways.I never did tried the nunchuck it looks like it would be difficult to use.I didn't like the new super mario bros wii game much.

Zarom

The King
I always use the Wii remote alone. I've never tried playing the game with a Nunchuk, but I might try someday. I like to hold the remote sideways in NSMBW. It gives me a nostalgic feeling. :)

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I play it with the sideways Wii-remote because that is how I think the game should play. If it is to be a redux of classic Mario games, such as those on the NES and SNES, then I will play it the way it is supposed to be played. That, and I would completely confuse the controls with that of Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. I should know; I tried to use Wii-remote and Nunchuck in that manner on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I ended up just using either the GameCube controller or Wii-remote sideways.

I'm used to playing the Wii's NES titles (I've got LoZ, SMB, Kirby's Adventure, and Ice Climbers), as well. Just a little contributing factor. ;)

Well, I play videogames for just some years, so I didn't play the classic NES or SNES Mario games, so I don't have the felling of Nostalgia, but even so,even though I have never playied it with the nunchuck, playing it with it just doesn't feel right.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I don't know why, but I prefer the sideways wii-mote. It feels more...Primitive, Iguess, but in a good way. Like playing a game from your childhood that is completely outdated.

M

majoraskullkid

Personnally, I play sideways, but the majority of my friends like better to play with the nunchuck, and I am always better than them. They don't want to play sideways because they say it doesn't feel right to play sideways because it is a wii, and a wii is supposed to be played this way...

It feels more old skool with the sideways Wii Remote. I don't even own a Classic Controller, and I don't even know if it's compatible or not, so I've never tried it. I tired the nunchuk combo, but after beating the game with the Remote alone, it just felt too awkward. Great game by the way. I love how people who've never played it call it a NSMBDS port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom