• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you play Brawl?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Well. I got rid of my brawl just before Christmas. (Did not enjoy it that much.) But up to that point I used my gamecube controls. Worked fine for me :P.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Well. I got rid of my brawl just before Christmas. (Did not enjoy it that much.) But up to that point I used my gamecube controls. Worked fine for me :P.

Blasphemy!!!

Wash away the sin! Change your ways young one! You are mistaken, you found Brawl awesome, the devil is trying to devour your soul! FIGHT IT!

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I haven't really played Brawl, except for at my friend's house, I found it the easiest and best for me to use the Wiimote and the nunchuck.
I couldn't really get it confused with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess', because I've never played it. :P
I've used just the Wiimote before, because not all of the controller's at his house have nunchucks, but using a nunchuck I find it easy, and I've never played gamecube brawl.

I've always stuck with the GameCube controller and I haven't tried any others. Nor do I want to, really. GC works fine for me. I'm used to it, since I played Melee.

I don't really play Brawl anymore, or anything on Wii for that matter (till my freakin tv gets fixed). But when I did I mainly used to Classic Controller or the GC. Using the Wiimote and Nunchuck just didn't feel right for that type of game, especially where your not really using any big motion control exclusives or anything to play. Imo, it just makes it harder to use the Wiimote. Classic Controller is my main choice, but I'll go with the GC if I have to.

Kybyrian

I always use the GC controller, the classic controller, wii remote, and wii remote + nunchuk just seem to difficult to use.

A

Aerostella

I play with either a GameCube controller or Wiimote + Nunchuck. Sideways Wiimote is hard and feels too... stiff.

Cube controller is the best way too go.. I've gotten many a blisters with my well worn wavebird.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Cube controller. Since I played Melee that much it didn't really take all that long to get used to Brawl.

I found the Wii controller + Nunchuck combination to be quite odd. Playing the game with just a Wii remote is pretty good too.

I used to only do GCN style, but I've recently adapted to the Wii-mote style and haven't used the GC style for a year straight.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Blasphemy!!!

Wash away the sin! Change your ways young one! You are mistaken, you found Brawl awesome, the devil is trying to devour your soul! FIGHT IT!

My god!! It's not worth spiking your blood pressure to the stroke zone. But..............

I use my trusty nunchuk and wiimote to get things done in Brawl. I'm just used to using it when I play my wii. I just love the feel.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I always play Brawl using the WiiMote+Nunchuck combination, no particular reason why though, probably cause I just think it's easy to control and to understand.

But, I don't really play Brawl anymore, the novelty eventually wore off after I completed the Subspace Emissary and all of the extra things such as Boss battles and All Star mode.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I never played previous generations of Smash Bros for extended periods of time, so I never really got used to the previous control schemes that some really enjoy using (ie - the GC controller). So, when I got Brawl, I tried each out breifly and chose the Classic Controller which just seemed the most natural to me.

I probably would have ended up using the GC controller except for the fact that I only have the standard wired version. My TV's 46", so with the wire and the location of the Wii it's a bit of a close distance to be sitting. The Classic Controller, albeit tethered to a Wiimote at my side on the couch, is a lot easier to use because of the distance problem.

I also just like using the dual thumb sticks on the CC and the extra smashing power they give. I'm sure it's the same for the GC, but the symmetry of the CC makes it feel better. The only problem I have with it is the 2nd shoulder buttons. They're a bit awkward to hit, but I don't tend to use those ones often.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I like the Wiimote and Nunchuck. I used to play with the GC controller, but then one day my bro asked me to change controllers. I always used the GC one, and my bro the Wiimote and Nunchuck, but then I tried it and since then it's the only one I use. I don't want to use another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom