• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Do You Plan On Getting Zelda Wii U?

How are you getting ZU?

• I'm going for a midnight release.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm getting it before official release.

• I plan on waiting a couple of days/weeks after release.

• I'm not getting Zelda Wii U

• Secret.

• Total voters

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I plan on getting it early in perfectly legal ways that in no way include me paying a person extra money to get the game 2 weeks early. :xd:
I did the same with SS, However I got OoT 3DS waiting in a long line (kind of like midnight release) which was SUPER FUN, meeting so many fellow Zelda fans.

Enough about me, what about you! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Midnight release? Oh goodness no. I love Zelda, but I will not stay up that late just to get a video game. The only reason I'd ever be awake around midnight is if I'm having trouble sleeping. I'll just pre-order the game; that's always worked for me...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Most definitely not! I don't know about you, but I don't feel like slugging out $60 for a new game that LIKELY won't be of much greater quality than a Wii game! I've never gotten a game by midnight release; in fact the only game that I was ever CLOSE to doing so was Call of Duty Black Ops II, but I missed that by a marginal eight hours because of hesitance.

So yeah, I'm not shooting for Zelda Wii U midnight release. Rather, I'll wait for a massive price drop ($20 drop) which will occur in like two years according to Nintendo proper. ;)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Midnight release? Oh goodness no. I love Zelda, but I will not stay up that late just to get a video game. The only reason I'd ever be awake around midnight is if I'm having trouble sleeping. I'll just pre-order the game; that's always worked for me...

1.Call in sick for an entire week.
2. Go to midnight release.
3. Meet fellow Zelda fans.
4. Play the game while you are "sick".
5. ???
6. Profit

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
1.Call in sick for an entire week.
2. Go to midnight release.
3. Meet fellow Zelda fans.
4. Play the game while you are "sick".
5. ???
6. Profit

I wouldn't skip work or school to play a video game. Lots of things are more important. And I don't play video games with other people either, lol. Nice South Park reference, though...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
So yeah, I'm not shooting for Zelda Wii U midnight release. Rather, I'll wait for a massive price drop ($20 drop) which will occur in like two years according to Nintendo proper. ;)

Even though I believe in an infinite amount of parallel universes I can assure you that in none of them will you see me;

1. Listening to Justin Bieber.
2. Waiting a day (let alone 2 years) to get a game I've been anticipating for god knows how long :xd:

I voted for waiting a couple of days/weeks after release. I'm always up at midnight (unless I have work tomorrow, which I do right now....), but I'm a little lazy to spirit the car away to some place that sells it, wait in line to get it, drive back, and either lose sleep playing the night away or wait for the morning to roll around before popping it into the Wii U. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart isn't going to be around until midnight, and the nearest GameStop is about an hour away for me. Nah, I'll just wait a bit after release to casually stroll into wherever sells the game and buy it without a hassle. That's usually within two weeks, so it fits the answer I chose. I actually don't have a Wii U right now since there are a lot of other high-price events staring me in the face and I don't make a lot of money, but rest assured I'll have it by the time Zelda Wii U comes out.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I will probably be over 18 years old so I would have no parental issues. If there is a midnight launch close to me I'll probably go, I know lots of gamers around the Sydney area that would probably go to. Plus I'm usually up past midnight anyway. Only downside is a Wii U full price game here is about $80 ($83.89 US Dollars).

I probably won't get Zelda Wii U at midnight Launch cause that's not my sort of thing, but I will get it during the day no matter what. The thing is though, is a Midnight launch even gonna happen? Looking back at Skyward Sword, that never got a Midnight launch even though there was massive hype coming from the fans. So overall it's a little too soon to say that a Midnight launch is gonna happen without question, all we can do is speculate.

By the way, I think you should add to the poll "I plan to get it during launch day" cause that applies to me...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I probably won't get Zelda Wii U at midnight Launch cause that's not my sort of thing, but I will get it during the day no matter what. The thing is though, is a Midnight launch even gonna happen? Looking back at Skyward Sword, that never got a Midnight launch even though there was massive hype coming from the fans. So overall it's a little too soon to say that a Midnight launch is gonna happen without question, all we can do is speculate.

By the way, I think you should add to the poll "I plan to get it during launch day" cause that applies to me...

I hope one occurs, it's really nice meeting so many Zelda fans in the middle of the night! :xd:

izi

Not A Wizard
Well, I would get it on day one, but seeing as Zelda titles tend to come out right before the holidays, my family won't let me buy it.
I also like waiting a few weeks though. It gives some time for the game-breaking bugs to get found so I can get around them.

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior
The Wii U will be a New Years gift to myself (along with Hyrule Historia).
First plan since I dont have one yet. I sense they will be out of stock
once again on Christmas (as they were in Black Friday). I'll survive.

As for the Zelda Wii U game, Pre-ordering...don't care about the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom